Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's your favourite Youtube clip guitar tone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2943
    edited September 2016
    Bucket said:
    Genuinely, some of the tones I've been most impressed by on YouTube have been Satchel from Steel Panther demoing the Yamaha THR.

Van Halen at 2:35 and Poison at 4:05 sound huge, as does Gold Digging Whore at 6:25. And the lick at around 9:40... it does actually sound like a big amp.

Like that a lot! I've been considering a THR for a while now and wasn't sure which model to get.. does anyone know if the standard one get those EVH "brown" sounds as well as the X model?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2943
    oh and this is what I'm going for. I know Pete Thorn makes anything sound good but this is especially awesome

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Pete Thorns demo of the suhr badger 35
  • Clapton's tone here is incredible

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This sold me a BE100

• This:

Particularly the crunch tone at 5:27 and the clean + delay tone at 20:35-ish. Those are basically the tones I use live; it's why I bought a Kraken in the first place (although I can generally get the same tone out of Jet City amps; the difference is really in the lead channel, which is a lot smoother on Jet City amps and more edgy on the Kraken).
    <space for hire>
  • Bucket said:
    Genuinely, some of the tones I've been most impressed by on YouTube have been Satchel from Steel Panther demoing the Yamaha THR.

Van Halen at 2:35 and Poison at 4:05 sound huge, as does Gold Digging Whore at 6:25. And the lick at around 9:40... it does actually sound like a big amp.

Not only great tones, but wisdom too. Particularly at 3:30 - 4:00. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• axisus said:
    I cringe every time that Steven Wilson video is posted on here. I'm willing to accept its because it's completely not my sort of thing but there's so much posturing and poncing going on from the players it's like a poor 80's pastiche. 
    Talk about over your head! That is one of the great solos of the past decade. Still, each to his own.
    No accounting for taste eh! Tbf I'm a huge GG fan and I like him for how honest and knowledgable he is. It's not him in that video that I find cringeworthy it's all the other spanners. Can't watch the clip I'm at work at the mo but isn't there a guy throwing shapes with a ridiculous electric wizzy key-tar type thing! 

But yeah completely not my taste I'm afrai
    How very rock and roll
  • benmurray85 said:
    a guy throwing shapes with a ridiculous electric wizzy key-tar type thing! 

Ex-Kajagoogoo man Nick Beggs on Chapman Stick

I think you'll be surprised at how many shapes he isn't throwing, aside from one little bit right at the start. 

I'm not going to tell you to like it or anything, but I think it might have become worse in your memory than it really is.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Clapton's tone here is incredible

There should be an instaban for any more "Shreds" videos posted!
    ;)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Been flicking through some of these. Apart from, possibly, too much reverb the Satchel one is a pleasant suprise. Not particularly my thing these days but put a smile on my face.

Bucket said:

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.