Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Have you ever been arrested?

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    marcus449 said:
    My lawyers told me to be particularly suspicious about threads like these. 
    If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Twice, both times for drunken fighting.

Hot tip: don't take the police caution. It's an admission of guilt and fucks your record. Tell them "I want my day in court". The CPS will sack it off and you'll never hear about it again.
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    No, I'm a good boy
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5406
    I was too sexy for my shirt...
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    I got a cannabis warning for smoking a joint in my own home. I'm still bitter about that...
  • Never been arrested but I have been searched with my hands on the bonnet after the officer in question didn't believe that my rucksack contained cheese and ham...

And there was the fun interrogation in Toronto airport over my status within the country that involved the classic question: have you ever committed an act of genocide? 

• Been thrown in Navy guardroom cells a few times, mainly pissed up and ready to take on the world.
    but I did a citizens arrest once on a flasher. Sunday morning kids around, me and my mate caught him, took him down local nick. He admitted it and was put in a cell. Desk Sargent asked why we just didn't take him round back of a building and give him a good kicking! 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3519
    edited September 2016
    Removed
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Not arrested, but I was once a suspect  in a murder enquiry.  I got "asked" to attend the nick one lunchtime.

Question one: "Have you 
    ever bitten a prostitute?"

It  turned out some poor 17-year-old kid with a heroin habit had turned to prostitution to support it.  A "Client" had strangled her (and presumably bitten her) and left her body in a back alley.  

When she was found, there was an inhaler on the ground near her.  The plod used the batch number from it to trace all the people who had been prescribed an inhaler from that batch - it turned out that I was one of them.

It seems there are about 800 in a batch, so they had some work to do to trace them all.

And, no, it wasn't me!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31576
    Due to a very violent ex partner, yes, I've experience of arrest, both sides of the fence (ie as complainant too)

However, my view of the Police, after even experiences when I was the injured party, is that they're utter scum who lie through their teeth and the adage about mostly good but a few bad ones is more the other way around.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31576
    As a teenager I was once spoken to very harshly by a German Policeman.

He was massive. Bike cop, all the leathers, gun, etc etc. I was a skinny 14 year old.

Apparently I should not have been loudly humming *THAT* tune while standing on the Möhne dam.

I remember the video on XTube.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    Due to a very violent ex partner, yes, I've experience of arrest, both sides of the fence (ie as complainant too)

However, my view of the Police, after even experiences when I was the injured party, is that they're utter scum who lie through their teeth and the adage about mostly good but a few bad ones is more the other way around.
    The two guys who arrested me after my partner hit me and claimed I hit her, were nice guys. I think they suspected she was spinning them a line and they treated me very well. However, the police in the station where they took me treated me like I was a murderer. They were the scum you describe. And the ones who 'forgot' to get me a lawyer after I requested one.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    edited September 2016
    yup, few hours in a cell in Glasgow January 2000, just split with my ex as she was banging my so called mate, went to a game of football in Glasgow ( the famous SUPERCALEYGOBALISTICCELTICAREATROCIOUS game ), was the first time i had ever come face to face with them since it happened, and i admit to losing it slightly and going for so called mate(apperently i told so called friend i was going to bite his fucking nose off) didnt realise there was 4 coppers standing behind me, when i got grabbed i thought it was so called friends mates so went utterly apeshit, only to find myself on the ground with four plods on top of me. Marched off to the cells much to ex and so called friends delight. Once the cops got me back to the cells and i explained the situation they let me go with only a small charge of breach of the peace and told me to make sure when i got my revenge to do it in a dark alley and not in a busy train station surrounded by cops. Alls well that ends well, they got married, had 3 kids and then she fucked off with one of his friends, Karma Baby :-) 
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 462
    I almost got arrested for possession of cannabis, late 80s. A bunch of us had scored at some dodgy pub in Birmingham, but it turned out the police had the place under surveillance and when we drove off, they caught up with us and stopped us. As soon as we saw the police car we knew what it was for, so we debated where to hide it. We put it under the front seat (dumb idea - best thing is to throw it out of the window while you're still moving). We all got out and the police searched the car. Then they showed us the dope they found and we admitted it.

They told us they could arrest all of us on possession of a small amount each, one of us on possession and intent to supply, or one of us on possession of the whole lot. Three of the others were medical students who would get thrown off their course instantly, so that left me & my best mate, and he knew he was never going to have a conventional career where his "criminal" record mattered, so he took the last option. He was carted off in the police car, spent a few hours in the cells and eventually went to court and got a fine, which the rest of us paid.

I had to go back to his house that night and explain to his sister why he wasn't with me, which was far scarier than facing the police.

It was only afterwards we realised that when the police showed us the cannabis they'd found in the car, they said they'd found it in the glove box. They planted it, "found" it and watched our reactions. Once they knew there really was something in the car, they carried on searching until they found what we actually bought.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    edited September 2016
    Gassage said:

So you've met every copper in the country and have a balanced opinion based on that?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I would personally support Gassage's view. I've had no really major run ins with the law in my life, but have a very dim view of the police form the experiences I have had. Possibly the uniform just turns people into complete dicks. Absolutely no need for the way most of them behave.

Although I actually remember the types of guys at school who people said, 'he will probably end up being a copper', and almost to man, they have.

And yes, they were all dicks.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    The one run-in with the police I've had didn't reflect brilliantly on them.

I had a few mates round my place, and we were all passing around a joint or two. Suddenly there's a knock at the door, and it's three coppers.

They say someone has driven into my housemate's car, and can they come in. Me being shit-scared and stoned off my face, I let them in. They instantly smell the weed and demand we hand it over.

They say they'll issue us all with cannabis warnings (I think this was when weed was class c), and we have to agree to say they found us with the bud on the street outside my place. One of my mates meekly asks why, and they get all hostile and threaten us with arrests and turning the whole house upside down.

So after they've written us a bunch of (falsified) cannabis warnings and interviewed all of us, they finally get around to my mate's car (this has been a two-hour long process). Turns out somebody had smashed into it while driving around pissed as a fart, and my mate's car was parked up.

They never caught the drunk driver. But at least they stopped me and my mates having a joint on private property eh.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    CloudNine said:
    I would personally support Gassage's view. I've had no really major run ins with the law in my life, but have a very dim view of the police form the experiences I have had. Possibly the uniform just turns people into complete dicks. Absolutely no need for the way most of them behave.

Although I actually remember the types of guys at school who people said, 'he will probably end up being a copper', and almost to man, they have.

And yes, they were all dicks.
    It's just a sweeping generalisation though. 

There are dicks in life. Different dicks do different jobs. Therefore jobs will have some dicks, and some non dicks. I don't think it's a helpful preconception to expect everyone to be a dick based on their job.

Change job to colour of skin or even sexual orientation. Not a very nice attitude to have is it.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @CHRISB50  ; Well there seems to be a lot of people with the same opinion. Why is that? And the clear examples of corrupt practices, just on this thread alone, don't exactly dissuade me from my current views. Many people just aren't capable of wielding authority in an appropriate way. It's just the way of the world, hence my view that the uniform turns them into dicks.

I take it you are a copper then? If so, hopefully one of the ones that isn't a dick.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Ive had quite a few experiences with the Police (already mentioned being arrested in this thread). Ive been stopped whilst driving late at night and breathalysed numerous times, been a witness a couple of times, and a victim once when my car had been broken into.

After reading some of the above comments, I really must be in the minority, because every copper ive ever met, has been nothing but polite/helpful/professional. Even the ones that arrested me were very likeable. Maybe its because I never gave them any grief, or talked to them with a lack of respect etc. which meant that they treated me the same way...I dunno...just sayin'.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom