Bosch POF 1200 AE router

I've used this router to build a few guitars now, and I'm generally very pleased with it - most problems seem to have been my fault and not that of the router. But I have a couple of questions.

My attempts at making an extended base from perspex have not been a great success, and I can't find an extended base for this model - or a generic extended base that fits. Is there a good quality extended base for this model?

I've fitted the dust hood, which is a perfect fit for the inlet hose of my dust extraction system. Despite that, I still manage to get covered in sawdust while routing. Is this a common problem?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30209
    The dust thing is not unusual - you should be wearing a snug-fitting and appropriately rated dust mask, and you should have positive pressure ventilation in your workshop. However, an extractor with a higher flow rate might help.

As for bases, Trend make some "universal" bases but they're not terribly universal.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I think you post maybe missing something.

http://monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/profhat.jpg

• Thanks @Sporky ;
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    edited September 2016 tFB Trader
    Would making a plan and getting one laser cut out work if you have a laser cutting bureau
    Put a wooden handle at one end?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

My monkey-in-a-helmet post would make more sense if @TTony hadn't deleted his one... But the Trend and (probably) Axminster's new ventilator thing are ace - cool, clean air across your face, no chips hitting you in the nose. You still need extraction but it solves a lot of problems.