Vs xo - looks really neat

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7507
edited January 2014 in FX
It looks like a modded tubescreamer, like the route 808 but with even more mods, and a modded open road drive.

Has the same switches as the v2 pedals, with switchable buffer or true bypass for each side, but they look more conventional. Rated for 10 million hits.

Basically, depending on price, looks like it could be all the od anyone would every need!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I really like the sound of these. Next drive purchase is looking like either this or minifooger. Be interested to hear from anyone who takes the plunge
  • want - want now
  • want - want now $179 in the usa - converts to £110
  • Travisthedog;127550" said:
    want - want now $179 in the usa - converts to £110
    Not bad at all, but it'll probably be 179 quid here...

£110 makes it a £55 tubescreamer with a good few, well known desirable boutique mods (more gain available, more volume, clipping modes and bass boost, which I leave on all the time on my route 66) and £55 for an open road, which is a great overdrive that doesn't have the heavy mids of a tubescreamer. It can be driven to oblivion, too, so the ts into that would probably give a good heavy ish sound.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Thank the lord they changed that horrid enclosure, a small thing but it makes all the difference to the want factor.
  • I like the old ones, but for pedal boards I guess I understand why it's better to have simple shapes.

Bloomin' great demo video.  
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    edited January 2014
    The open road is based on a nobels, isn't it? I haven't tried the nobels but it has a good rep, i think as @ThePrettyDamned said it's more transparent. Considering I use a more transparent OD with a ts/sd1-type od, that sounds pretty sweet. Assuming the price is similar to the US price. EDIT: Sweet, shape is fine, and you can choose which order to put them, which is nice. Would be nice to have the clipping switch for both ods, but that's about the only thing I can think of. Considering I'd use them as clean boosts most of the time it hardly matters anyway :))