Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

pedals you keep trying.

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
Till now, the only pedal I've bought twice is a whammy. Had version 4, stupid psu so bought 5 as it made sense.

But I keep being drawn to the ehx 1100tt and the Chase bliss wv2. I moved them on for various non financial reasons but I constantly keep looking at them thinking they really out to be what I want... same with the clusterflux. 

I know a few on here have bought and sold the same pedals more than once but does it ever work out?

Anyone else got this rather odd mental block?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    For me it generally goes in a cycle that I'll sell some gear thinking I'm not playing anything that suits it and then end up playing with a band that it would be perfect for.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Timeline
    KOT
    El Cap
    Analogman stuff generally (White NKT 275)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    edited September 2016
    Multi FX were the ones I kept trying.  I reckon a half dozen at least.
    On the one hand, they make so much sense.
    On the other, I don't seem to get on with them. 
    It's not the sounds so much as the fiddling.  I think it boils down to the multi-functions of the knobs and buttons.  I can't seem to work with them quickly enough live to make adjustments; I can't seem to remember presets quickly enough live to use them. 
    It makes me feel a bit of a Neanderthal but when I've got a single function stomp box and a knob labelled "Fuzz" and another labelled "Volume" I know exactly what I'm doing, and that makes me feel comfortable and happy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There is too much stuff for me to go back and try again with anything
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I'm on my second Carbon Copy. It's not quite what I want it to be but it somehow should be.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • @Grunfeld that makes a lot of sense to me. Helix is the first mfx with a decent interface and that makes it so much easier to use.  

For a board I seem to prefer single function pedals. So set and forget. 

Lots of stomps are now mini mfx.
  • I have bought my fair share of OD/distortion over the years. Nothing beats a two-channel amp though to be honest.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    I bought dozens of clean boosts over the years before I decided they all sound fairly similar apart from the SHO and the Firebottle. EP's not bad either.
  • For me it's the zoom CD-R 70. It's a great tool. But so,show think a m5 would do me better

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• DMM x3 
    Nova Delay x3

Won't let them go again!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    John_P said:
    For me it generally goes in a cycle that I'll sell some gear thinking I'm not playing anything that suits it and then end up playing with a band that it would be perfect for.   
    yep, i know that feeling.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31586
    Brake pedal.

I need to stop doing it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    Brake pedal.

I need to stop doing it.
    *cough* worst offender *cough*
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm on my second Carbon Copy. It's not quite what I want it to be but it somehow should be.
    I only found out yesterday they have internal trim pots for the modulation 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 464
    Carbon copy x 2
    Line 6 M5 x 2
    Timmy x 2. Sold it when I got a Tim, I  preferred the Timmy, sold it and bought the same Timmy back. And sold it again might just call Paul and order another? 
  • Fuzz....

No matter what I do/try just don't get it.....

I try on a regular basis, just don't get it..

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 277
    edited September 2016
    Boss OC-3, I'm on my third chasing the pseudo bassist thing
  • I've had 3 Micro POGs. I love the sound they make but I just can't seem to use it in a band.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    RAT variations - have tried about six or seven the last few months and they sound pretty good, I think I'm coming to the realisation that the RAT sound is not for me. This will change in a month or two obviously.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom