Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

pedals you keep trying.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Timeline
    KOT
    El Cap
    Analogman stuff generally (White NKT 275)
    I've got a Beano Boost with that chip that I'm thinking of selling.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    I've had about five Boss OS-2s. I keep trying to find one that sounded as good as the first one I had, but they just don't.

The first one looked like it had been through WWII. I got it for a tenner from a shop because it was "broken" - wouldn't turn on and off. That was easy to fix, and I used it for a couple of years. Eventually sold it, but then missed it and bought another one... which didn't sound the same at all. Nor did any of the others.

I can only assume the first one was also broken in some other more subtle, but unknown way.

I currently have one on trial from the shop, but I think I'm going up finally give up and pass on it - it doesn't sound bad at all, but it's not the same as the original.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I'm on my second Carbon Copy. It's not quite what I want it to be but it somehow should be.
    I only found out yesterday they have internal trim pots for the modulation 
    I didn't know. Although it isn't that, I just think it is a bit polite. Probably I would ideally replace it with another Minifooger delay so I can add a bit of drive. I had a tc X4 and had the same problem  - I liked it best with an EP Booster in front of it and without that seemed a bit flat. Just became a silly set up so I sold those and got the Minifooger which ticked all the boxes except I wanted a second delay setting and possibly with modulation. Couple of delays later I got back to the CC which is what I'd had before the X4...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Where do I start?
  • Carbon Copy x 4!
  • Carbon Copy x 4!
    As I've done Carbon Copy x2 why have you kept flipping it? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 464
    I'm going to flip a Carbon Copy  for the second time but only because it's been bumped by the Dunlop echoplex ep 3 which is awesome. 
  • Carbon Copy x 4!
    As I've done Carbon Copy x2 why have you kept flipping it? 
    I've always flipped it for something I thought at the time would better suit my needs and found that nothing does! Having said that I'm currently using an Ibanez mini delay for board space and that seems be doing me nicely so we'll see..
  • I have bought my fair share of OD/distortion over the years. Nothing beats a two-channel amp though to be honest.
    Got me another OD, courtesy of @dano. But I already have a couple of Pearl pedals, so I can use the excuse that its another Pearl not another OD.

Still have to try it out. Mrs Pintspiller going out with the daughter tonight, so I'll give it a blast then.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    ICBM said:
    I've had about five Boss OS-2s. I keep trying to find one that sounded as good as the first one I had, but they just don't.

The first one looked like it had been through WWII. I got it for a tenner from a shop because it was "broken" - wouldn't turn on and off. That was easy to fix, and I used it for a couple of years. Eventually sold it, but then missed it and bought another one... which didn't sound the same at all. Nor did any of the others.

I can only assume the first one was also broken in some other more subtle, but unknown way.

I currently have one on trial from the shop, but I think I'm going up finally give up and pass on it - it doesn't sound bad at all, but it's not the same as the original.

Maybe your repair altered it in some subtle way.
    Try breaking this one and repairing it. You never know. :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Big Sky - still one of my fave effects ever
  • I'm pretty good with this - I know what I want. I've had to have a small rethink as my amp hates muffs and some overdrives (ac15) but I don't have the money for new fuzzies yet. 

However, I'm generally happy and if I don't like something I either find out if it's the pedal itself or if it doesn't like the amp. If pedal, I won't try again, if amp, I'll work out what it's good for so I know should I get that kind of amp. 
  • I've owned a whammy pedal four times. The cycle tends to go,

Hear someone use a whammy in a cool way.
    Buy one.
    Dick about on it for a week realise I can't use it in a cool way.
    Sell it on again.

Hear someone use a whammy in a cool way..............................Repeat ad nauseam.
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale