Wide Low Fretwire

What's Hot
SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
I need some fret wire that's around 0.095" wide and 0.035" high for a part refret of a Takamine acoustic guitar.

Anyone know where I can get this please? It seems to be common on Japanese acoustics but no suppliers over looked at stock this size. 

The first few frets are worn almost to the wood so dressing is out of the question. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I need some fret wire that's around 0.095" wide and 0.035" high for a part refret of a Takamine acoustic guitar.

Anyone know where I can get this please? It seems to be common on Japanese acoustics but no suppliers over looked at stock this size. 

The first few frets are worn almost to the wood so dressing is out of the question. 

The closest I have found is Jescar FW37080 which is 0.08x0.037
  • Dunlop 6190 is also pretty close at 0.084x0.039
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Thanks I have some of that. What I might do is take some wire from the upper frets to do 1-5 and replace that with narrower wire.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    I'm sure you already have this chart. You can also try Touchstone who do Korean and Dutch fret or or David Dyke who does Dutch and I think Japanese. If you set on Stew Mac148 which is only slightly narrower, I have tons in stock so if you need any let me know. Or you could go to Stew Mac 146 that is only slightly wider, again I have this in stock if you need any.

http://www.lutherie.net/fret.chart.html

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @GSPBASSES, yes I use that chart and I have both those Stewmac wires here. 

I can't see anything on David Dyke or Touchstone but I've emailed them both, thank you.

I always find it suprising how even a small difference in width stands out when it's on a fretboard