Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Polite request to posters - Photobucket

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• No 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23204
    I've always used Photobucket but since the forum software update a few weeks ago I haven't been able to figure out how to get picture links using the "Attach image/link" button to work.

Having said that, just copying and pasting a photo from the web directly into a reply seems to work fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it a mobile thing?

I can see pics posted on photobucket if I'm using my iPad or laptop, but on my iPhone they're just links that often don't work?

• WezVWezV Frets: 16807
    Is it a mobile thing?

I can see pics posted on photobucket if I'm using my iPad or laptop, but on my iPhone they're just links that often don't work?

Partly 

if if you paste a link into the text box it will automatically show the picture on a computer, but only show the link on mobile.

if you paste a link into the add image box it shows the picture on both.   No clicking on images, but think of your data allowance
  • martinw said:

Nobody has addressed the point I raised: if you post the 'direct' link instead of the url, there's no issue using Photobucket with either PC or mobile that I know of. On my android phone I just see the pics unless someone has posted the link.

I also post on other fora with no problems, and the whole Photobucket thing doesn't occur there.

Why not just remind people to post the direct image link in the correct way?

Bingo.

Use the direct link - no issues
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I always used a direct link from photobucket and had no issues. Since the forum update I now only see links on my mobile (samsung s5 and iphone 4) when I use direct.