SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Vox VT20+ FUBAR- £15. **SOLD**

AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited September 2016 in Amps £
Bought this from @Nikko a few months ago and it worked great, sounds great and looks great.
It stopped working a couple of weeks ago but still worked perfectly through the headphone socket, still does now in fact.

I bought a new JJ 12ax7 valve this morning thinking that was the fault and the Ruby valve that came out looked almost new (it is, the amp is only around 12 months old in total) but i replaced it anyway and it's still the same. Volume up to what should be ear destroying volume and you can barely hear it, plug in headphones and it works fine.

I don't know what's wrong with and i don't want to know.
I will include the new JJ valve that's in there and the Ruby that came out, i don't want them.

Just take the fucking thing away and have it for buttons, if you can fix it then great i don't care.

If i get the £15 the Valve cost back out of this i will at least be able to buy 3 bottles of wine and forget i ever started playing the fucking guitar.

**SOLD**

I am in Bedford if you're collecting it.

If you need it posting it's going to cost up to £20.

EDIT: Tried it again this morning and another factory reset and now the headphones aren't even working right, it works on some 'Models' but not on others, won't give any gain at all so a high gain setting just comes through really clean - It has a 'Song' preset for Steve Vai  'For the Lovd of God' which, when the amp worked sounded frighteningly like the record. Now even on headphones, it's got the delay but not the gain so it just sounds weird. If that's a clue, please just give me the price of the JJ Valve i stupidly bought and take it away before i really do blow it up

@Thorpyfx..............................!!!
Might need your help here Ade !

http://i.imgur.com/803c60u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CqB9iF1.jpg?1
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Shit, sorry to hear it's gone tits up mate :(
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited September 2016
    Hey man it's ok !
    These things happen. I hope its a cheap easy repair for someone.
  • I had one of these that did this too. I really liked it actually as a quiet practice amp. Shame they're not very reliable. I also have a fly 3. They are excellent and the batteries last for absolutely ages. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4789
    That's really frustrating - but I might  have an idea as to what the problem is & it could be a very simple fix. These amps are famous for using cheap jack sockets - the headphone socket is a switching type jack and calipers can get coroded/ stuck.  I recommend you thoroughly clean ALL the jack sockets in the amp (and pay particular attention to the headphone socket).  If that fails to rectify the problem (and a badly oxidised jack may take 5-6 cleanings), try an amp factory reset - however, I suspect it's the headphone jack socket sticking.  See here:  http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/maintenance-tips-on-valvetronix-amps-t141.html
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Thank you very much.

I honestly have no patience or trust left in this thing.
    Hopefully someone else wants to do it and have an amp for £15.

I am beyond caring now.

@Voxman i really do appreciate your kind offer of help but it's just too late for me with this one.
    It's already out in our corridor in the hope that someone will just steal it and put me out of my misery.
  • pm sent
    SOLD.
  • Amp received in perfect (not working) order.  Actually it does work on some settings but not others - like the digital bit is in a bit of  a muddle.  Fun starts here :)
    Brilliant !

Really pleased man

Hope you fix it for 50p and have a great amp out of it.

:)