SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1989 PRS Custom(24) - Special history £2500

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5106
    Adam_MD said:
    fretfinder said:

Nope I'm not saying that at all. I just never really get why a guitar should be given a higher trade value than its cash price.
    I always find that weird too.  

Cash is king and allows you to use the money howsoever you want, Trades often tie you into receiving something as part payment (that you may hate or may love) but possibly wouldn't have bought had you had the option of cash. The higher trade value tips the favour to the person receiving the trade with usually a little more part payment in cash or goods to a slightly higher value and acknowledges this fact.
    Each to their own. If I'm selling a guitar then I either want £X in cash, or a trade-in that's worth £X (not £X+10%). It's not as if we're exactly in a sellers' market right now, where buyers will come flooding in to do a straight swap of their own guitar for one that's worth less!
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2016
    Each to their own. If I'm selling a guitar then I either want £X in cash, or a trade-in that's worth £X (not £X+10%). It's not as if we're exactly in a sellers' market right now, where buyers will come flooding in to do a straight swap of their own guitar for one that's worth less!
    Without derailing the original OP's post, that's equally valid as i'm assuming your trading for something you actually want to the same value - in effect swapping rather than trading. The whole trade thing is to release some cash in the short term via part cash payment and take a punt on the traded item probably selling it on or trading further down the line.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    That is gorgeous enough to make me consider getting rid of my 2008 Custom Shop Gibson 335 ;)
  • vettaheadvettahead Frets: 236
    Ohh. Nice axe man
  • Stonking guitar - even better plugged in!!!