Pigdog

Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
Any Pigdog fans here? Looking at the Juju at the moment, rather expensive for a fuzz but no batteries and no massive boxes to deal with..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• good fuzz boxes for sure, and fantastic materials and build. I dont' think you can go wrong with pigdog stuff, hudson electronics is another good builder also.

fuzz pedals usually have a low battery drain and the juju enclosure is not that big i think.
  • Love 'em got a mk2 and a Mk1.8 - also have a driver (rangemaster clone) agree with @jacksparrow - the Hudson Broadcast is fantastic - especially run at 18v or more
  • Going with Castledine this time out. Pigdog are just too hard to get hold of (and expensive, too). 
  • I have a Pigdog Monkey Finger and it is superb!  

In my opinion Steve forms part of the UK Fuzz Builder Trifecta alongside David Main and Stuart Castledine.  You can't go wrong with any of them, except for a rather large drop in your bank balance.  

What Castledine did you go with?
  • MKIIIMKIV - though have just this minute held off on it pending size evaluation, not sure I have room on the board. The boxes for these are massive ;) 
  • The enclosures do tend to be on the massive side so not always the most board friendly.  Stu though is really decent to deal with and is happy to throw some ideas around to tweak the circuit and components to get exactly what you want out of it.  I had him aim for the best clean up on guitar volume he could tune in for my MK1 Pro without sacrificing the true nature of a MK1.   

He absolutely nailed it and as a result I can get one of the nicest OD/break up tones just by rolling back my guitar volume so I could do without a dedicated OD on that board.  It is massive but no more so than 2 separate pedals with patch leads ;)

• Cool looking boxes but definitely yoooge. 

Got a wah coming anyway. Might change my mind on fuzz :)