SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Sonus BC108 Silicon Fuzz with Bias control ( Think Band of Gypsys) ..now £80

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7581
edited November 2016 in FX £
Top quality respected fuzz but not for me really, I was looking for real filth but this does a slightly lower gain Hendrix thing which may suit someone else better 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 490
    For Hendrix tones, this is great. I have both this and the germanium. Let's say this is better for band of gypsys, filmore east where Jimi has a thinner more controlled sound. Germanium sounds great but has noisy off days. Its wild nature is what gives it life. 
    Hendrix fuzz tone relationship is more to do with the high amp volume than high fuzz. I personally use the fuzz for the clean tone with drive on tap with the volume pot.
    As for fuzz sound I recommend finding your mist extreme fuzz setting that you would use and leave that as the maximum. Then draw back the guitar vol pot for your good fuzz, Thrn back for drive breakup like voodoo child, then back again for clean. 

• Thanks Luke, you've hit the nail on the head there.
  • Bump
  • bump
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump for price drop
  • another bump
  • Price drop bump
    I got mine out tonight. If you're after nailing the fuzz tone solo from hear my train off peoples, hell and angels, then this is for you. 
    This fuzz has to interact with the amp. Going into a Marshall superlead will have all that later Hendrix tone we crave. The germanium 68 sonus has more uncontrollable thumping fuzz, whereas this fuzz is much more for a controlled, adept player looking for a more compact fuzz tone. 
  • 'Adept player'..........there's my problem right there !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just played through the sessions compiled on Valleys of Neptune and all I can hear is this fuzz. Not what you expect from Hendrix but this is the fuzz for you if you're after this tone. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7581
    edited October 2016
    Still bumping, still grateful for lukedlb's help flogging this. :-)
    Still amazed this is up for sale unsold. Sonus pedals are the go to for Hendrix enthusiasts (the builder is one of the best YouTube Hendrix players: vibratory). Each fuzz follows a specific tone that Jimi had at a point in his 4 years of fame. I have them all including the octavium which has the most balls out axis fuzz included. 
    Dr, post an insides photo to whet the fanatics out there.