Ability to browse by tags in the classifieds?

Would be nice to have an ability to browse by certain tags in the CLassifieds section with a drop down box selection for the ones you want to look at. 
All it would take is for the seller to tag their 80's Les paul: Gibson, Les Paul, Rock, 6 String, Vintage
Or an 8 String Ibanez, Ibanez, 8 string, Metal

Unsure of how much coding this would require however! 
'Awibble'
Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There is a tagging plugin, but we haven't played around with it much. We didn't originally think there'd be much point to it (in general), but you're right...it would be handy, I think.
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17692
    tFB Trader
    I think it was enabled for the first few weeks, but people just dicked about with it so we disabled it again.

• I think it was enabled for the first few weeks, but people just dicked about with it so we disabled it again.

Probably need to take another look at the plugins available - if we can have a restricted list, that'd certainly help (eg brands). In fact, I suspect if we can limit it to the classifieds category, we'll be OK. There'll probably have to be another rule ("Don't abuse the tag system, and don't use brand tags other than the ones specifically relating to your items"), but I think the usefulness would probably outweigh the problems.

Not least...it'd give us the ability to actually analyse the classifieds content, which we can't currently do.

Actually, thinking about it...having some restricted tags for the price would be pretty awesome and useful.
    <space for hire>
  • Whilst we are there could we add in FS WTB etc tags, so you can sort by selling, trading etc.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Would restricting the tag list to brands really be considerably better than just searching by keyword?