Regret

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
First time ever, a Rob 'n' Lee demo has given me a total, complete case of seller's remorse:

I should never have sold that Ecstasy Red. I even knew I didn't give it enough of a chance at the time....it'd even fit well in my current MIDI-controlled rig, given that it's got a remote control jack.

I haz a sad.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The good news is mate that they tend to be cheaper and available used...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33962
    It is a pity they hardly made any of them and they aren't freely available from pretty much all good music shops.
    Sounds great in the demo.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The good news is mate that they tend to be cheaper and available used...
    Aye, I know. Thing is, I don't have an amp capable of running clean enough to let the pedal work its magic. I can't help feeling that a Red and a Victory V40 would be a very, very wonderful thing.
    octatonic said:
    It is a pity they hardly made any of them and they aren't freely available from pretty much all good music shops.
    Sounds great in the demo.
    That seemed odd to me - why would Andertons do a demo of a pedal when they only have one in stock?

I did think that the Amptweaker dual pedals sounded as good as the Bogner back when they did that demo, but...no, I was wrong and my original assessment of the Red was correct: quite simply the best distortion I've ever encountered.

Amusingly, Rob's reaction to the Variac switch was exactly the same as mine. It takes it from sounding "great" to "astounding". It just adds that nice bit of squelch to the low end that makes it feel like you're ragging the balls off an amp when you really aren't.
    <space for hire>
  • Do you prefer the Bogner to the AMT preamps you used to have?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Can you lot bloody stop encouraging him, I've already told him no! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @digitalscream what you need to do right now mate, is sell me your TimeFactor for a crazy low price, I can't explain how this will help and it won't right away, but later much later you will forget all about the Bognor Red. 
    Trust me.
    im getting in the van on my way over.......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I just bought a Burnley and now I'm wondering if I should have held out for a La Grange.
  • Hmm the La Grange......