Keeley Dark Side

What's Hot
AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1702
Is this awesome, or is it an overpriced gimmick?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1284
    Well I have the Monterey which is presumably the same series.

It's awesome, worth it for the univibe alone
  • I mentioned this in something the other day on here. Watched a couple of demos and there are a couple of aspects about the function that seem unclear ( can/ cannot use delay and mods at the same time? )although it sounds good. Not that I have any interest in sounding like Pink Floyd but I like those 70s sounds so it would work for me. Tape delay, fuzz, phase - that's a reggae pedalboard!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • yeh, we've been discussing this on the DGGF, and we think its not something any of us lot would use unfortunately.
    i play in a floyd trib band and i'd be bending down a few times during every song to alter settings, so yes it does all those sounds but not something u can really use to cop gilmour sounds. he has loads though dont he! and this is trying the darkside simpler set up but even so is not very practical, u want separate pedals for some of it.
    apparently the muff is the op amp jobbie not the gilmour rams type. so a few things not been thought through really.
    but hey the gilmour sound is 1 of the most complicated so u cannot expect to nail it in 1 pedal!
    maybe its aimed at peeps wanting a few of these type of sounds in 1 little box they would use occasionally?
    i have the monterey as well, awesome pedal! jimis fx live were only 4 boxes so u can do it with that, dont like the oct on it to much, but the rest is ok. lovely looking pedal as well and its small! saying that though, in the early yrs they were all trying to cop hendrix's sound, inc gilmour!

for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • yeh, we've been discussing this on the DGGF, ...

Thanks for the pointer to DGGF - somehow I had missed that forum.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom