Weird question but...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Gassage said:
    Gassage said:
    I must admit I never liked the sound of my Martin OM with a Fishman neo D sound hole pickup, it wasn't long before the Fishman was removed and sold on eBay.
    DId you find it made a diff to the acoustic sound?
    My main issue was with the plugged in sound, but it did seem counterintuitive to buy a guitar with forward shifted scalloped bracing and then attach a big piece of plastic to it from a solely acoustic point of view.
    Well, I'm 100% sure that it's added maybe 20-25% to projection and volume by removing it.
    Yes, I agree, as ICBM stated above - Adding mass almost anywhere on an acoustic guitar can change its resonance too. 

Explains why my Faith Naked Mercury is SO "alive"- it's unlike anything I've played before unbelievably lively. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I sold on my LR Baggs m1a for the same reason, it took a stack of batteries and was pretty heavy, made an otherwise lively lowden sounded meh acoustically
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11486
    I wonder if this is what was wrong with the Martin OOO28EC that I used to have.  It was great when I bought it, but later on it sounded underwhelming - it might have been the pickup.

I've got another guitar on consignment sale in a shop at the moment where I've been unhappy with the sound.   I'm wondering if I should bring that home and take the Rare Earth out.  I don't really need it though - I've got 3 other acoustics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom