SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: BOSS FDR-1

Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
Always fancied trying one of these and now I have an amp with no reverb or master volum so I'm on the look out.

Are they much cop? Happy to find out for myself, let me know if you have one you'd like to sell.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had one. I think they can sound very good but it does have a number of flaws/limitations.

1. The overdrive gets a bit too gritty (subjective)
    2. The reverb gets very clangy at higher levels, it's too much IMO.
    3. The way the pedal is set out seems wrong, the eq should have been put on a dual pot and the 'spare' knob slot used for another function (maybe the gain and volume on separate knobs)
    4. If you have a pedal board, there is no 'good' place to slot it in.  Do you place it up front for the overdrive and eq, or do you place it at the end of the chain for the reverb and trem? It's a bit frustrating.  If you're planning to use it stand-alone this is not a problem of course.

However, I did get to compare it directly to a mint condition 1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb (I had mine plugged into a Mesa studio amp).  It was REALLY close.  So much so that I decided that lugging an old silverface twin reverb about was just not worth the hassle any more and I sold it and used the FDR1 into the Mesa for my Fendery tones.

Anyway, my 2p.

• Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
    Much appreciated @Flanging_Fred ;
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
    Bump