Rothwell Atomic Booster - talk about transparent!

BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
Just wanted to give folks a bit of a heads up on this pedal. If you are looking for a truly transparent clean boost, this should be on your short list.

It has been around a while and I have recently sold my example but when doing my final "quality control" check before packaging the pedal up, I was reminded how incredibly transparent this pedal is. Seriously, when the volume is set to unity, you absolutely cannot tell if this is on or not. Absolutely NO tonal change and totally, utterly, zero extra noise.

The treble boost dial doesn't really add treble, it just cuts bass and mids, bringing the treble frequencies to the fore and doing it this way doesn't add hiss.

I've tried a number of "clean" boosts including BYOC TriBoost (built by Thorpy FX), a TC Spark Mini, a full size TC Spark, the clean boost mode of a Suhr Jack Rabbit, Boss Ge-7, Boss LS-2 (yes really, it can do clean boost - check it out), and a VFE Rocket - none of them compare to the Rothwell for complete and utter transparency.

I only sold it as my VFE Rocket is a bit more flexible in the tone control stakes (bass and treble shelving controls plus one fully parametric band) and has a dual mode switch that can go between latching or momentary. However, even with all contols set to neutral/ unity on the Rocket, there is still some slight added noise and a slight tonal change. 

I am not affilliated in any way, and am not promoting my pedal as it is now sold, but if you are looking for a truly transparent boost (with an option to enhance treble), I've yet to come across any pedal that can do it better.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom