Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Big Sam for the chop?

What's Hot

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2951
    quarky said:

It is no more offensive than any other religious clap-trap that people believe. Actually, less so.
    I think the point is, is that Hoddle was sacked for saying that. If he became England manager again, it would make a mockery of the FA's original decision.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    quarky said:
    Skarloey said:

Remember this folks?

"'I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. That's why there is an injustice in the world. Why there's certain people born into the world with terrible physical problems and why there's a family who has got everything right, physically and mentally."

And this:

"'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

I don't care if he was a decent midfielder. I don't care if he's got the proverbial 'good footballing brain'. Clearly the part of his brain not taken up by football is full of festering shite.
    if he gets the gig again, football really will have just disappeared up its own arsehole.

Anyway, can I ask a serious question at this point: Was Allardyce really drinking a pint of white wine in that restaurant?

It is no more offensive than any other religious clap-trap that people believe. Actually, less so.

The point also being, that other people WOULD be more offended by it than you are. Disabled people maybe.

Id be very surprised if they appointed Hoddle again.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Where do we go from here? I don't think there's a manager worth his salt who would want the job. Unless you batter every team by 5 or 6 goals you're going to be vilified (except when you play San Marino - then it has to be by 10 or 11). That's why Allardyce got the job; he's beyond arrogant and is blind to criticism.

Steve Bruce is the best available candidate, just give it to him. After six months everyone will want him out, but there we go.

A real man-manager is needed to get the best out of the players. It painfully obvious that when we go to tournaments, we turn to shit. That's psychological. These players go from being seen as demi-gods at their clubs, to being actively hated when they put on an England shirt, so what's needed is someone to come in and help them get over that and play their game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bring Venables out of retirement!!
    Jumpers for goalposts!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Nikko said:
    quarky said:
    Skarloey said:

Remember this folks?

"'I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. That's why there is an injustice in the world. Why there's certain people born into the world with terrible physical problems and why there's a family who has got everything right, physically and mentally."

And this:

"'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

I don't care if he was a decent midfielder. I don't care if he's got the proverbial 'good footballing brain'. Clearly the part of his brain not taken up by football is full of festering shite.
    if he gets the gig again, football really will have just disappeared up its own arsehole.

Anyway, can I ask a serious question at this point: Was Allardyce really drinking a pint of white wine in that restaurant?

The point also being, that other people WOULD be more offended by it than you are. Disabled people maybe.

I think you should give disabled people a bit more credit than to get offended by anyone's fucktard religious or spiritual beliefs.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    lloyd said:
    Nikko said:
    quarky said:
    Skarloey said:

Remember this folks?

And this:

I think you should give disabled people a bit more credit than to get offended by anyone's fucktard religious or spiritual beliefs.

That's why I said "Disabled people MAYBE"

Of course not every disabled person will be offended, but some will, its the way of the world. Some people get offended by a rude joke...some don't...

My point being, the FA wouldn't want to risk offending anyone, and if there is a chance that Hoddles past comments COULD offend disabled people, its unlikely that they would reappoint him.

• Do I not like that....... 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Just watched the latest Allardyce interview clip. The whole thing is cringeworthy. If I were him, I really would just go out to my pad in Spain and lie low, forever. Sitting around getting fat on the pay off and all the money ive earned from the game.

Thing is, Allardyce is so full of himself, he will no doubt ocnvince himself he has been set up and then will determinedly attempt to resurrect his reputation.

Call it quits Sam. Remember how long is has taken for Cashley Cole to die down, if it ever has? Same thing here, though more embarrassing.
    Nikko said:
    lloyd said:
    Nikko said:
    quarky said:
    Skarloey said:

Remember this folks?

And this:

Of course not every disabled person will be offended, but some will, its the way of the world. Some people get offended by a rude joke...some don't...

My point being, the FA wouldn't want to risk offending anyone, and if there is a chance that Hoddles past comments COULD offend disabled people, its unlikely that they would reappoint him.

Yeah I get your point, I think it's a pretty daft reason to sack someone (I did at the time) it's like sacking a Christian for telling people they're going to Hell for eternity if they don't believe in JC, it's like a threat rather than an observation.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11509
    Bidley said:
    quarky said:

I think the point is, is that Hoddle was sacked for saying that. If he became England manager again, it would make a mockery of the FA's original decision.

It's not just the disabled people.  He wrote a book which slagged off players still in the England setup while he was manager.  he should have been sacked for that before he ever made the disabled comments.

And what kind of idiot thinks that a World Cup squad with only one left footed player in the whole squad is well balanced?
    Yep, I also think its a pretty daft reason (and I have a disabled Daughter).
  • Respect for Sam Allardyce goes from an 8 to a 5 out of 10. Respect for The Telegraph goes from a solid 3 to 0.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    lloyd said:
    Nikko said:
    lloyd said:
    Nikko said:
    quarky said:
    Skarloey said:

Remember this folks?

And this:

Yeah I get your point, I think it's a pretty daft reason to sack someone (I did at the time) it's like sacking a Christian for telling people they're going to Hell for eternity if they don't believe in JC, it's like a threat rather than an observation.
    I think the FA and the England manager have to whiter than white, as has been said. You can't have someone telegraphing opinions like that as England football manager.

Whether it's offensive or not, or if people should be offended is by the by. Someone will take offence to it and it will reflect badly on English football. The image of English football is what's being protected.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    FA have asked permission to speak to Wenger.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    crunchman said:
    Bidley said:
    quarky said:

It's not just the disabled people.  He wrote a book which slagged off players still in the England setup while he was manager.  he should have been sacked for that before he ever made the disabled comments.

And what kind of idiot thinks that a World Cup squad with only one left footed player in the whole squad is well balanced?
    G.L.E.N.H.O.D.D.L.E.I.S.H.A.V.I.N.G.A.G.O.A.L
    Glen Hoddle is having a goal!
    Bidley said:

The image of English football is what's being protected.
    I understand the point to a certain degree, but this bit made me laugh.

lloyd said:
    Bidley said:

The image of English football is what's being protected.
    I understand the point to a certain degree, but this bit made me laugh.
    Off the pitch, you understand - on the pitch it's a lost fucking cause.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Ha ha

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Ha ha, like the video. There was a great one of Man U players knifing van Gaal.