Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fastest you've ever moved on a pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    15 minutes: Way Huge Overrated Special. Boxed up and MyHermes label stuck on shortly after to return back to store.

The clue was in the name

To be fair, they are based on Dumble amps which have to be the most overrated amps in history.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I once saw a deal so good, I got two.

I sold one for profit before it even arrived at my house.

Beat that!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2275

I generally buy pedals that I've tried in a shop. Those that I mail order I have researched fully beforehand. There's only been two that were shifted in short order.

One was a Menatone Treble Boost in a Can that was absolutely amazing. I got it home plugged in to my amp and it died. The shop offered to repair it or give me a credit. I took it back and got a Blackstone which I kept for years but was never truly happy with.

The other was a Little Big Muff. I tried it in the shop, fine. Tried it at home for 3 weeks, fine. Took it to a gig, turned it on, turned it off 10 secs later and sold it.

• LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    When I whip on my Kung Fu slippers, I move on a pedal faster than lightning.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016
    Catalinbread Adineko lasted about 5 mins before I sold it to the owner of a local music store. Wasn't my original intention.. I took the newly arrived Adineko down to my local guitar shop to show it off to them. Turns out the owner loved it and wanted me to get him one. I thought about it for a few secs and then sold it to him for exactly what I paid for it. Man I spent countless hours researching that thing. Actually a really cool effect! Just not something I envisage myself really needing...
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1397
    mattdavis said:
    Well you can't get much earlier than before you've even got it.  
    Yeah, but what if somebody decided to flip a pedal before they've even ordered it?

I bought a Coloursound wah for dead cheap to see if I liked it, but with the expectation that I wouldn't (I don't like most wahs) and could sell it on for more than I paid.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    edited September 2016
    bbill335 said:
    mattdavis said:
    Well you can't get much earlier than before you've even got it.  
    Yeah, but what if somebody decided to flip a pedal before they've even ordered it?

I bought a Coloursound wah for dead cheap to see if I liked it, but with the expectation that I wouldn't (I don't like most wahs) and could sell it on for more than I paid.
    Doesn't count - you imply you *could possibly* have liked it so afraid I'm excluding  that on a technicality. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2275
    Laurie said:
    It's a little bit frightening though
  • Sassafras said:
    15 minutes: Way Huge Overrated Special. Boxed up and MyHermes label stuck on shortly after to return back to store.

The clue was in the name

To be fair, they are based on Dumble amps which have to be the most overrated amps in history.
    The Way Huge Overrated Special is not based on a Dumble at all. It's a Tubescreamer clone with a mid range control. Basically Way Huge's Green Rhino slightly modified.

The Overrated Special reference is a 'joke' from Joe Bonamassa

• Tanabe Dumkudo - kept it for 2 days - wanted to love it - hated it 
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• GassageGassage Frets: 31124
    Cycling down Mount Haleakala in Maui Hawaii.

You can get up to 45mph.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've never had a really, fully shit pedal. I mean,a tubescreamer is a tubescreamer. 

As such, a few months. I know what I like, though, and luckily I'm not after haunting mids.

I don't go for hype either. I either like how something sounds or I don't, and I tend to try before I buy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016
    slacker said:
    Laurie said:
    It's a little bit frightening though
    Be afraid, be very afraid. 

;)
  • A day. @Wazmeister can vouch for this.
    True indeed.

I have though, binned AND sold within an hour on our lovely forum...
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    Distortron didn't last long. I liked it initially but got annoyed with its weird low end and it was a bit surplus to requirements anyway.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    <20 mins - when I see a convincing demo of something that I have uncovered for just £15 on AliExpress then is a no-brainer...

This was yesterdays grab:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NUX-AS-4-Amplifier-Simulator-Pedal-Guitar-Electric-Effect-Pedal-True-Bypass-Black-High-Quality-Guitar/32590563422.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.7tVF1P

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    edited October 2016
    Bass Big Muff. After reading the EXH background on this pedal and a few YT demos I picked one up on ebay for cheap. I thought it would sound like my old Sovtek Muffs, sadly not. Although I don't think Muffs really dig Fender amps. I gave it to my bass playing friend, he likes it. So... 24 hours