NGD - Vintage V6P - It's Broken... - And Now Fixed!

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Saw this on eBay and made a low offer, surprisingly the seller accepted it for £82 off the RRP.

It should be here on the 4th October.
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice.  

Is it the 3 P90 model? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Nice.  

Is it the 3 P90 model? 

Yes, I sort of wanted the Trem model, but at this price I couldn't turn down the hardtail, I would never actually use the trem anyway.
  • Nice.  

Is it the 3 P90 model? 

Yes, I sort of wanted the Trem model, but at this price I couldn't turn down the hardtail, I would never actually use the trem anyway.
    Ah sweet!  Nice.  I've had my beady eyes on that model.  I reckon it'd be a great model for modding. 

Report back when you have the guitar! 
    Nice.  

Is it the 3 P90 model? 

Ah sweet!  Nice.  I've had my beady eyes on that model.  I reckon it'd be a great model for modding. 

Report back when you have the guitar! 

I'll have lots of pictures when it arrives.
    It's here:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/4EVrQ

Haven't plugged it in yet as I got home late and for some strange reason people would rather sleep than hear me play, but I have the day off tomorrow and will be testing this thoroughly. 
    edited October 2016

https://i.imgur.com/FW9kKHN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gKR7yRs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8W9tXCo.jpg

Can't quite get the pics working on my phone, I'll do it properly from a computer. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2957
    Very cool, not often you see a hardtail strat. Do these have standard dimensions (pickguard shape, neck pocket etc) for modding? Seems like the best affordable way to get the hardtail strat I've been lusting after!
    TTBZ said:
    Very cool, not often you see a hardtail strat. Do these have standard dimensions (pickguard shape, neck pocket etc) for modding? Seems like the best affordable way to get the hardtail strat I've been lusting after!

Not sure about the neck pocket,  but as far as I can tell it's a standard pickguard, it plays really beautifully though, the neck is really good. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    That's very cool. I like the idea of a Strat with a single tone control.
    Can't go wrong with P90s.
    I think it might be broken, plugged it into my Zoom G5, and the one control seems dodgy, I think it's stuck on the lowest setting and it sounds really weird, it doesn't turn properly either. I'll contact the shop and see what they say.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    Looks great prolly a wire of .
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    A strat with 3 P90s?! Never seen that before, interested to hear how it sounds once it's back working.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    Yeah, I don't have a Soldering iron but the shop has offered to collect it for repair, they are also giving an extra 10% off making a good deal a really great one. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Yeah, I don't have a Soldering iron but the shop has offered to collect it for repair, they are also giving an extra 10% off making a good deal a really great one. 

You must name and shame this dreadful shop with it's excellent customer service. What are they thinking, treating you well?
    Sassafras said:

You must name and shame this dreadful shop with it's excellent customer service. What are they thinking, treating you well?

It's Simmonds Music, their service has been great so far,  they replied really quickly as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's back, they even threw in a setup and it sounds and plays great. You wouldn't be able to tell it costs just less than £300, and I got mine for a grand total of £202.50 after the partial refund. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4805
    Bought my Line 6 G10 Relay from Simmonds Music, great price, great comms, excellent service.  Stores like this have gotta be stamped out - they're giving retailers a good name!  :) :3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)