Jag/JM tremolo screws - Tough to find

Has anyone sourced any of the screws that hold the trem plate to the body? I've done a good search online and it looks like Fender might be the only option. I presume they're imperial size?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'm surprised there aren't any on Ebay in the US. Have you asked around on the Offsets Forum?
  • I've just sent a mail to the guy who sold me the plate. I'm hoping he can give me the correct size and then i should be able to grab some from ebay.com

I haven't actually signed up for the offset forum as there seem to be enough Jag/Jm fans on here, but maybe I'll consider it. I'm sourcing the final parts now, so i think I'm almost there...
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12709
    TBH, when I built my bitsa I used bridge mounting screws from a Line6 Variax that I had kicking around!!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I just used Strat ones I think, I didn't think they were any different. Pickup screws that aren't made of cheese, now they are tricky...

• JookyChap said:
    I just used Strat ones I think, I didn't think they were any different. Pickup screws that aren't made of cheese, now they are tricky...

I've done the same too
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Aren't the Strat ones dome head screws though, rather than the oval type on the Jags/JMs?
  • I've found some courtesy of the guy at Faction guitars who gave me the Fender part number; it's 0015610049 in case anyone needs it in the future. Cheers for all the input chaps, it's appreciated as always :-)