Music by my band "White Noise Orchestra"

CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
edited November 2016 in Making Music
Hi. So we are learning to record live using a mac and these are rough mixes.so interested on your views on this 

It's sort of indie psychedelic I guess

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• It's really well produced, the sound quality and stereo effects sounded fantastic on my B&w headphones.

i'm not sure about the MLK speech at the beginning though

the Stone Roses style vocals are pretty cool.

i liked this a lot apart from the voiceover tbh
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
    edited October 2016
    Thanks I agree i am not keen on the mlk but the drummer loves it @mellowsun ;

I would love some of those b &w headphones

The main guitar bass and drum are all live. We added keys after as he wasnt there that night.

I didn't like the.guitar sound at first buts its grown on me. I couldn't get the muff to sound right so used a Rat pedal clone. 

The delays are from the zoom cdr 70. 

• That is some quality gear imho Cookie. I really like the synth's and ambient sound stuff at the start and all the way through the track. I really like the mellower guitar parts and the vocals are really good as well. I'd turn the gain down on guitar, turn the drums and bass and put more percussion on it to give it a bit more funk.......minor points though Cookie - its superbly produced - sounds great - I'd pay for it - and is right up my street! Keep it up (where can I find more?)

edited October 2016
    @Placidcasual79 thank you very much.

The whole thing is something I had that the bass player became obsessed with so without much thought we recored it live and overdubbed the keys as the moog man was away the week we recorded it.  

I think I over used the wah a bit. I seem to remember struggling for a sound.

We are still experimenting will put some more.links in soon. Some is pretty raw and some of it a little more like this.

Here is one that started with moog and drums and then built up

• Yes Cookie!!!!!!

I'll have a bit of that as well.......its quality stuff mate - right up my street. The vocals, guitar playing, synth, all bang on.... sounds a little like Black Mountain to me - you know them? Hope that doesn't offend. They're a quality band imo. Anyway, I'll be buying your album when its out. Keep on keeping on!   

edited October 2016
     @Placidcasual79  ah thanks, I don't know that band I will check them out, the first song was our drummer singing, this one was myself, we posted adds for singers but nothing much has happened, so we kept going.  The keys guy is cool, he is completely into the more psych scene style and music scene. 

edited November 2016

Bit of a live video. Really need a singer now

• This one is actually called Acid Test. However we were excited to get the moog back  which was delayed as the repair guy had to fix the dudes moog from roxy music first

• Good job my friend, really nice quality.
  • Thank you

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I liked that .. a retro 60's vibe going on there with some early Pink Floyd.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited December 2016
    Thank you. Which one did you like @Fretwired  and @sakuarius102 ;

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    ace stuff mate, really like it, and the band name is cool as you like.

Moogs rock. I've talked about this in another thread, but there is a fantastic Polymoog VST just out called Polycom by Synthmagic. Its stunningly accurate, sounds so authentic, but without the over heating and tuning issues of the original, obviously!!

Followed on SC!
  • Thanks @Snap appreciate that. Will have a look at the vst. The keys player has a moog,wurlitzer and some other keys. He plays cool stuff. Mostly spaceship noises. 

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    If you've got Kontakt, its a cheap way of having a polymoog, for sure. £70.
  • Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

• Any tips or ideas for this new one. Still trying to mix it and work on it ???

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    Really good, that first one reminded me of Steve hillage. I'm in the middle of a retrospective binge on his stuff at the moment. Recapturing my somewhat hazy youth
  • I get the steve hillary thing a lot from my band mates,but really don't know him at all. The others like gong and hawkwind plus some prog bands I don't really know. That whole seventies prog thing is a bit of a void to me, I think I spent to long on sixties psych and rock n roll, punk and indie rock. I need to check him out as a player. In fact if anyone can suggest anything to get me started let me know.