Kiesel BT Improv

What's Hot

I'd never enter as I know the quality of the entrants but a few friends said they be interested to hear my take on this! Just a bit of fun - improv'ed most of it after a few takes getting used to the track.

Was a chance to play with the FX8 too :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Looking for some feedback on how I can use something not so pentatonic - I feel stuck on a plateau these days when it comes to improvising, same licks, same shapes. Trying to do some modes stuff but live I just revert to type!
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Restricting yourself when composing a solo might help you with some fresh ideas

only use the low E plus A and D strings for a solo
    always skip a string when building a line
    play descending lines only or vice versa
    more open strings
    restrict your self to a certain area of the neck.
    play with a different sound than normal, go with a very dry clean sound or heavily effected tone that won't let you play your normal way 

Done often enough some of these things might creep into your improvising.

Also please bear in mind your a far better player than I am and I thought your solo above sounded great as it was.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    Having listened to a fair few of the entries, they all seem to start around the same note or phrase and have the same cranked tone . I'd try something more left field and you would stand out 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I'm not competing and I think it is over anyway but a few mates asked me to do it - that's the thing tho - I'm looking for some outside notes or runs or anyone who someone who can suggest trying A Lydian for example...I don't know what would fit but it's good to have the track looping and trying new stuff!