Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Windows 10 Updates

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3108
    No problems for me either. All good.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No problems here. Actually, my ancient (as in, 6-7 years old ex Windows 8) laptop now runs a bit smoother than it did last week on the previous Windows 10.

I use it for web browsing, Lightroom and very basic Photoshop actions. It's as frustrating as it sounds, but I'll be building something a bit more powerful soon. 

I use Chrome browser too, is Edge any good? I still have nightmares over the last versions of Internet Explorer. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    Edge is better than IE, but I still prefer Firefox. I use Edge for office online, getting emails etc. WOrks very wellwith that
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    Edge was useless when it first came out. It doesn't support extensions - ostensibly to make it more secure.  This meant you couldn't use an ad-blocker with it.  I don't know if MS have developed any ad-blocking functionality in the year or so since.  On my older computer a lot of web pages loaded in half the time when I started using an ad-blocker.

Edge also fell over with the Citrix software that my work uses so that we can log in remotely.  If you call the IT support with problems they normally tell you to use Firefox.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    crunchman said:
    No problems for me on two machines except Cortana popping up with stupid messages 

Same for me, although I haven't tried to turn the messages off.  It seems Cortana is off, but not as fully off as it was before the updates, but I can't be bothered to faff about with it.

The biggest annoyance for me is the updates themselves, happening without warning - I switch off the PC at 2.30 or 3.00am then I have to sit watching updates before I can go to bed!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6155
    edited October 2016
    I'm wishing that I hadn't updated my phone windows 10. Everything is a beat slower than it used to be without any meaningful advances in usability to show for it. Another step in the endless upgrade dance.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The clock now occasionally gives the incorrect time
    My V key is broken
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    I just noticed the clock/date now displays on the taskbar on my second monitor. This makes me unusually happy.