Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New ThorpyFX?

What's Hot

Comments

• Is Radar Station the name, not CHAIN HOME, or was there an older pedal called the Radar Station? Im struggling to find any reference, on google, to the latter.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Hmm. RADAR uses some sort of echo, n'est pas?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    All will be revelead in time, as to what it is. chain home is the name of the Pedal, not radar station. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    edited October 2016
    Seriously Thorpy, you must be the unluckiest dude ever, did you not see the recent press release for this EHX pedal?

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/dindude/Mobile Uploads/image_zpspaatlmql.jpeg

25reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3492
    edited October 2016
    Thought so! :-) Well colour me excited mate! Good luck with the new stuff, you dont need luck though!!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Just seen the annoucement on Facebook! 
    Very cool!!!!
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    So it says

"So we’ve seemingly been a bit quiet over the summer, however perception is often different to reality….. So here’s the good news:

Over the summer ThorpyFx teamed up with a bonafide legend of the Guitar Effects industry, the effects genius that is Dan Coggins. Dan has had an illustrious career as the original designer behind Lovetone Pedals and Dinosaural effects. All of his creations have been found on the boards of professional musicians the world over. As these effects have long since become collector’s items, we decided to team up and start afresh.

The effects that we have collaborated on are supremely powerful versions of modulation, wacky octave based fuzz, ring modulation and much more besides…. The aim of these designs is to provide the ultimate analog experience that will allow musicians to tune the effect to their varied tastes. This will slowly be released over the coming years as we seek to stamp our collective sonic footprint on the guitar market...

And more good news:

The Chain Home is available for Preorder!!!

And one more thing…….

So is the Veteran!!!!

Head to the website to find out about these effects."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Huzzah! I love Lovetone pedals and I feel very excited about the prospect of being able to own some at a sensible price (fingers crossed on that bit)

I had pestered Dan Coggins regarding a modernised version of the lovetone stuff. I am guessing I wasnt the only one
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Hmmm...I don't need one, but the Chain Home sounds veeerrryyyyy interesting!
  • I'll have to hear demos at least before I'll ever consider a purchase 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I'll have to hear demos at least before I'll ever consider a purchase 
    well, that'll be a short way down the line but it'll be coming along anyway. As a limited edition pedal, the veteran is likely to be sold out before the clips are done.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    well, that'll be a short way down the line but it'll be coming along anyway. As a limited edition pedal, the veteran is likely to be sold out before the clips are done.

Any teaser pics coming? I due some extra work monies this month so very tempted by the veteran.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • I'll have to hear demos at least before I'll ever consider a purchase 
    of course

I was a bit sad it was only a tremolo and another fuzz :-(

Lets see what the rest of the range brings
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Which I find insane, though kudos to you for getting brand trust so fast!
  • What's the deal with pre-orders? Is it monies up front, or a deposit & the rest later or...? 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    What kind of pedal is the Veteran?
    tFB Trader
    of course

I apologise that we aren't able to release loads of pedals at once. However we don't have the resources of Strymon or MXR so releasing new pedals is a major undertaking for us, albeit a fun one.

We also schedule our releases based on customer demand, so whilst a Trem/Boost and a Fuzz/Treble Booster might not float your boat they have been in high demand. Seeing as we only had one fuzz in the line up, I thought a Ltd edition would scratch the itch nicely.

Anyway, on that note. What sort of things are you looking for pedal wise?
    tFB Trader
    FRockStar said:
    What's the deal with pre-orders? Is it monies up front, or a deposit & the rest later or...? 
    Its being done on a first come, first served basis. Payment upfront to lock in the order.

Sassafras said:
    What kind of pedal is the Veteran?
    The Veteran is a Dual Pedal, Germanium transistors throughout, designed to work from a standard centre negative power supply or battery. A heavily modified and refined (to my tastes) Fuzz face on the right with a modded Rangemaster style circuit running after it. Both independently switchable and when both on together, it sounds incredible.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I bought a veteran.

Febuary needs to hurry up.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    of course

I apologise that we aren't able to release loads of pedals at once. However we don't have the resources of Strymon or MXR so releasing new pedals is a major undertaking for us, albeit a fun one.

We also schedule our releases based on customer demand, so whilst a Trem/Boost and a Fuzz/Treble Booster might not float your boat they have been in high demand. Seeing as we only had one fuzz in the line up, I thought a Ltd edition would scratch the itch nicely.

Anyway, on that note. What sort of things are you looking for pedal wise?
    Sorry I should have put some context around that really shouldn't I?

No need to apologise, I fully appreciate you are pretty much a one man band and I wouldn't expect you to churn out pedals like the mass producers. Its a long old process to create, test, tweak etc

I totally get you are going for customer demand. My views are for my own selfish needs.
    With the Dan Coggins tie in I was really hoping for some sort of envelope filter or phaser/vibrato or something more in the world of modulation. Basically some kind of small for lovetone pedals would be awesome. Dare I even say some sort of delay pedal? I know you are a big fan of the moogerfooger like myself, I'd like to see what you can do on that front. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom