Guitar Quarterly Subscriptions - A Heads Up

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Hi Chaps

Just a bit of a ‘heads-up’ about Guitar Quarterly magazine. It seems like it has been forever coming, but next Monday (10th October) we will finally be opening-up for subscriptions for the magazine, when everybody that signed-up to the site will be sent a ‘Golden Ticket’ inviting them to subscribe.

However, as I’ve said before, the print magazine numbers will be limited as I want them to be hand-finished  and packed by me and mine, as I want it to be perfect, and so it will be first-come-first-served on the subscription front. Once we reach the limit, there will be no more subscriptions on offer until 2018. 

All of which brings us to the wrinkle, as in launching 4.52am first, it has all gone a bit better than I hoped/dreamed of, and as of today we have more than 20-times the readers of the weekly, than I am planning on flogging subscriptions for the quarterly.

I do realise that oodles more people will take a freebie than buy something, and that is cool, but it did strike me as unfair if people on here who wanted to subscribe missed out. It was you lot moaning about guitar mags that set me thinking, after all

Soo, totally up to you and I may be kidding meself anyway, but the subscription page is live Here if you want to join in, you have to follow the link as it isn't linked on the site anywhere, and from Monday morning a lot of people will be getting emails pointing to it. Like a Premier Football Ground Full.

As for the magazine, it is a hardback, dust jacket, matte finish, nice papers, mono/line drawings, has greater depth than the norm, and will generally be something that will take you a while to read. It will cover vintage and boutique gear, and a wide range of music, with new and old artists being interviewed/talking about gear, recording, songwriting and all sorts of other bobbins. It is a quarterly, clearly. Each issue will come with some one-off ‘artcards’. 

Additionally, all subscribers will get a one-off ‘Launch’ T-Shirt (so  if you do subscribe put the size you’d like in the comments).

There is other stuff, but I forget.

Like I say, Monday it goes out to the subscriber list, and I think they will all go, but if you want to get in early pop along Here

Cheers m’dears
mark

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    I'm in!

However, I didn't see any "Comments" field to enter the T-shirt size?  Size XL should do nicely, what with me being a fat bastard and all.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Cheers chaps - @Nitefly Oops, messed that upo then - apparently there will be an email confirmation of sizes, in case anybody has a 'growth spurt ';)

• FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    edited October 2016
    I'm in! Schweeet!!   

Edit: Large T plz! 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I'm in. A medium T will do me. I'm not planning any growth spurts in the next few months. :)
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2955
    edited October 2016
    It seems to have just accepted my subscription as well.  It will be nice to have something real to read.  Looking forward to this. Good luck with it.  XL on the T.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7720
    Proud to be in

XL here too! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4248
    edited October 2016
    Sorted, cheers Mark! Large here please
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I've just subscribed, I'll PM you a size : name message ta.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16951
    Done ... large please :)
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Website wont play nicely with my phone. Please save me a spot until I can sign up tonight
    @monofin said:
    Website wont play nicely with my phone. Please save me a spot until I can sign up tonight
    Will do Jase - and thanks to everyone who is signing up, I'm getting all emo ;)

For those that don't venture into OT - a quick whirl in the safe zone ;)

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    Me too. Can't wait. And the largest T shirt you do please. Not only am I a chubster, I'm very tall
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Chuffola said:
    Me too. Can't wait. And the largest T shirt you do please. Not only am I a chubster, I'm very tall
    I thought it were just me going for the XXXXL :)

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    I subscribed a while bak an dlooking forward to this, will it be paypal ? And biggest t shirt youve  got ... im big boned ( er... no lets face it im fat ) 
    atb with it. Gu 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    XL please, sadly.
    @stuagu said:
    I subscribed a while bak an dlooking forward to this, will it be paypal ? And biggest t shirt youve  got ... im big boned ( er... no lets face it im fat ) 
    atb with it. Gu 
    Cheers Mr Gu - yes, it is paypal and you can sign-up now (and best the rush, probably) Here

:)

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    I signed up a while ago but an xl tshirt would be perfect thanks
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • I think I signed up awhile back. Did we discuss how much it would cost anywhere? I can't remember....
    I think I signed up awhile back. Did we discuss how much it would cost anywhere? I can't remember....
    Ah, forgot that point - it is £40 for the year, for that you get 4 hardback 'book' magazines and a T Shirt etc.

All the gen is Here :)