Colour pedalboard challange

Fun challenge for all you pedal gurus - no cheating.

After discussing the board I use for my trio setup, we discovered that I basically fall back on the same "sounds" no matter which pedals I swap in / out, which highlighted how many variations of the same sound there is from different pedals. We thought it would be fun to try to make my current trio board but only in 1 colour of pedal (there was a similar thread on MR a while ago, but this time it's harder as you have to find the specific sounds rather than an open choice).

So, the pedals I currently have on the board are

Original Marshall blues breaker 1 pedal (black)
Analogman TS 808 (green)
Menatone Howie (white)
Sweet sound Mojovibe (swirly)
Aquapuss (blue)
(there is a TU-3 - but it's going to be hard to find tuners in a specific colour so I'll let that slip - bonus points if you can do it)

So the sounds are

1.) low drive / "tone boost"
2.) tube screamer
3.) dumble
4.) univibe
5.) short slap delay.

Build me a board with these sounds in either all black, all green or all red or all white I've got close but not finished it yet.

Rules, limited editions allowed, but no home brew or pedal rehousing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Boss TU-3
    TC Spark
    Gearmanndude Luther Drive
    Zendrive
    Fulltone Déjà
    Boss DD-3

White is probably the easiest colour to use. Never seen many green pedals that aren't TS-based.
  • Zendrive isn't white - it's grey, (debatable) a good effort though, some pedals I'd not considered
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    Tuner - korg pitch black
    TS - toadworks Texas flood
    Boost - xotic ep
    Dumble - wampler euphoria
    Univibe - an actual univibe
    Delay - garagetone axle grease

Of course thats so black you might lose your board in a dark room.

My pedal board was two blues, two greens and a white at one point which I quite liked. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  •  wampler euphoria is green, not black, the  wampler black 65 is black.

it's quite tough isn't it. (green and white are the ones I've got closest with)

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    darcym;130775" said:
    Zendrive isn't white - it's grey, (debatable) a good effort though, some pedals I'd not considered
    Ok then, keep your Howie for Dumble tones. Damn it, man, do you want to spend some money or not!?! ;)
  • good solution, that's not a bad white board,

just for the record, I'm not actually going to build these pedal board, it's just an interesting challenge that I thought was easy until I tried so I'm opening it up to you chaps.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
  • now that is a cool bit of information, makes he red/black/green boards more realistic.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    darcym said:

wampler euphoria is green, not black, the  wampler black 65 is black.

it's quite tough isn't it. (green and white are the ones I've got closest with)

I googled it and got one that looked black but looking at it again it is a dark green that looks black from some angles.Only one short...
    :((

Still, that plus the green Pitch Black @monquixote pointed out is a third of the way to an all green board. An actual tube screamer is green. I own a green delay ( Toadworks Redux). I'm sure there must be a green boost somewhere but the Rothwell Heartbreaker ( which can function as a boost) is very green so that will do for now. I had to google for a univibe but the Earthquaker Devices The Depths is a sort of bluey-green ( I have a weird confusion thing with blues and greens on monitors unless they are very strong shades). It might be someone can improve on that  but an all green board should be doable.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I did my board all in natural/ gunmetal for a while. Was basically all fairfield gear with a timeline and a few limited edition natural boo-teek pedals too. Looked awesome. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've built an all black board before and i've done the all white thing, it was awesome for my OCD! White with red patch cables looked amazing.

The only thing that was frustrating is that at a quick glance (on stage or in a dark rehearsal room) it was hard to tell the pedals apart and with changing the layout around it became hard to remember where the pedals were!

White: Korg Pitch Black (ltd ed.) TC Spark Booster, Crowther Hotcake, Boss DD3, Boss NS2 - just imagine that with nice red patch cables!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

No not all 1 colour, I can do a board with a different colour for each though........

Wah Weeping Demon - silver

Dirt - MXR Dist3 - red

More dirt - Bad monkey - green

Phase - MXR phase 90* - orange *Block or script....

Flanger - MXR microflanger - gun-metal grey

Delay - Boss DD6 - white.

All pedals I currently have....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)