Floyd Rose FRX

DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5734
What?? Never seen these trems before, pigging hideous!

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/ex/image/E-EX-198EFRX_N.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    Especially as screwing the locking nut to the headstock completely negates the point of having a Floyd where you don't have to modify the body. At least unless you substitute locking machineheads, which probably would work properly on an Explorer head shape, anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5734
    It takes up a lot of real estate. Does it solve a problem though? I can understand swapping out one type of trem for another, but given all the options on the market then if you want a Floyd guitar buy a Floyd guitar and if you want a hardtail then buy a hardtail.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    DiscoStu said:
    It takes up a lot of real estate. Does it solve a problem though? I can understand swapping out one type of trem for another, but given all the options on the market then if you want a Floyd guitar buy a Floyd guitar and if you want a hardtail then buy a hardtail.
    They don't need routing for springs at the back like a normal floyd so they can be fitted more easily - unfortunately it creates the new problem of looking awful. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    The Stetsbar version looks a bit better.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd