Can I edit/remove a comment left on someone else's profile page?

What's Hot
I intended to pm a member with some information, but instead seem to have left a comment that will be readable by anyone who accesses his profile page.  It included some information I'd rather wasn't in the public domain.  Can I edit this or make it a pm as originally intended?
“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    edited October 2016

No, but you can bring the mistake to everyone's attention by creating a thread about it.

P.s. a mod may be able to be more helpful than me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17692
    tFB Trader
    Deleted
  • dindude said:

No, but you can bring the mistake to everyone's attention by creating a thread about it.

I'm hardly drawing attention to it.  The only way anyone could see it is if they randomly click on everyone's profile until they find a message from me.  I assure you that anyone who did that wouldn't find anything remotely interesting enough to justify the effort.

I believe a moderator is going to help.  If he cares to, he could also confirm it was a very minor thing, in fact I'm arguably being overly sensitive to worry about it.

• Mods have now fixed this.  Thanks.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    dindude said:

I'm hardly drawing attention to it.  The only way anyone could see it is if they randomly click on everyone's profile until they find a message from me.  I assure you that anyone who did that wouldn't find anything remotely interesting enough to justify the effort.

I believe a moderator is going to help.  If he cares to, he could also confirm it was a very minor thing, in fact I'm arguably being overly sensitive to worry about it.

Yes, a wee bit sensitive there, my post was a flippant attempt at humour.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    dindude said:
    dindude said:

Yes, a wee bit sensitive there, my post was a flippant attempt at humour.
    don't worry @dindude I managed to click on every single user's profile to find the secret information before the mods got to it. Turns out he was just confessing to eating the last dodo then burying the bones under his patio.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom