SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD vintage mutsang tremolo/vibrato (+bridge)

bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
The MIJ unit just won't satiate my need for wobbles and bombs so I need to upgrade. I want an old Mustang tremolo unit. An arm and bridge would be nice but if prices are too high, I would settle for just a tremolo with original posts/bar/baseplate/springs. The older the better, but there's a limit to what I can afford.

Show us what you got.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have put a bigsby on mine as I gave up with trying to get the mustang trem to work.. now functions as it should .. heavier but it also looks funkier...
  • I have a bar springs and and a bridge I think - no base plate... ill have a gander
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    I need the complete tremolo really. The quality of the recent MIJ one I have just isn't up to scratch. I know old ones CAN work - Ty Segall and Charles Moothart are regular wranglers of vintage 'stang bars. There's a guy called MadMike who wrote out a guide to setting them up for crazy dive bombs and Van Halen shit.

I've given the tech I use a real headache trying to get my MIJ set up well. The baseplate material is too soft, the springs can't handle heavy strings, I presume the knife edge isn't sharp enough. Just not good enough.