SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - mini humbuckers for Epiphone Riviera and general upgrades

What's Hot
I have a lovely Epiphone Riviera with mini humbuckers and the frequensator tail piece. About 8 years old. Plays beautifully but would like to make it the best I can as a Gibson equivalent is so expensive!

Looking for some new pick ups to upgrade. Can anyone suggest any? I've heard the Seymour Duncan Antiquity's are very good.

Also are there any other upgrades people can recommend. Thinking possibly a bigsby. Are the pots and electrics worth doing also?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

John
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shugzshugz Frets: 775
    Might be biased coming from me but a loom always worthy especially if you are in at the pickups anyway.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• Hi Hugh. 

Can you PM me the details of what loom I would need and the cost please.

Thanks!
  • shugzshugz Frets: 775
    I'd give Marc at Mojo Pickups a shout or maybe Ash at Oil City. If getting pickups then I'm sure you'd get a lovely loom there too. Just remember though on a Far Eastern guitar if fitting US/ imperial pots then the pot openings on your guitar may need widened.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• I found replacing minis on my74 SG to Seymourised minis did not make an audible difference to me. I blamed the amount of gain I was using at the time, but believe that the lack of mass in the body could not let me hear if there was a difference or not, so I assume a hollow would be the same. 

Can I suggest finding out which magnets and impedance are in your current pickups and seeing how different from Gibson spec your Epiphone may be.

I agree that a loom may make a bigger difference. Other upgrades to consider would be tuners and bridge. I'm a sucker for brass saddles on a bridge - not sure if there is any proven-science on them or if its just mojo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Dimarzio Vintage Neck Minibucker i'm looking to sell. £50 posted to the UK.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Thanks so much everybody so far for their advice!

I will look into the current pickups to see what spec they are. 

Any ideas where I can find this information out?

Thinking maybe a bigsby would at some mojo? Which model would I need? Would prefer not to do drill into the body too much if possible.

John