SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN 1999 Martin HD-28V £1600 Posted

paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
edited November 2016 in Acoustics £
***WITHDRAWN – I've decided to keep it :) ***

Time to move my HD-28V on, it's a lovely guitar, in great condition and really well setup but my D18GE is a slightly better fit tone wise for me and I need to offset an incoming Gibson semi.

Not to be confused with the standard D-28 and HD-28, it has a forwarded shifted, scalloped bracing pattern so much closer sound wise to pre-war D-28s.

It's was built in 1999 but I think the current specs still apply, I've listed the specs at the end of this post.

It's in original condition except for a strap button added to the heel and an under-saddle pickup fitted (b-band I think by the looks of the endpin preamp).

It's in excellent condition, really excellent condition if you consider it's 17 years old. I bought it from 12th Fret in Sussex who were selling it on consignment for its owner, they'd been carrying out setups on it and I think fitted the under-saddle pickup.

There are a few small dings to the top around the bridge, a tiny ding to the headstock rear and other than that it's just light surface swirling from being held. I've photographed the blemishes using acute angles and flash to bring out the worst in them, they're barely noticeable in the flesh indent through the finish.

In order to fit an under-saddle pickup the through or long saddle has been converted into a drop in saddle whilst retaining the through saddle look. This is reversible but would require a tech to remove the ends of the existing saddle and then cut and fit new saddle. In the photo bucket album (link above) there are plenty of close-ups of the bridge.

This is how the pickup was fitted, though the drop in bit of the saddle has straight not rounded ends on this guitar http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Guitar/Pickups/LongSadPU/longsadpu.html

The matt neck finish has been buffed through playing to a nice low sheen, frets are in good condition though could do with cleaning – my fault for pretty much leaving it in its case over the last year.

Includes original TKL hardcase.

Currently a new one would be £3.2k upwards and clean used ones about £2k from shops so I think £1600 including UK postage sounds reasonable. Collection from Swansea and I'll knock £25 off. PayPal fees to be covered by the buyer.

Ideally I'm looking for a straight sale though in this flat market do feel free to try me for trades, I have traditional tastes so nothing pointy, floydy or too modern.

Here's a few pics and there's 50 odd in this album.

Any questions ask away.

Model: HD-28V
Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
Body Size: D-14 Fret
Top Material: Sitka Spruce
Rosette: Multi-Stripe
Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
Brace Shape: Scalloped
Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
Brace Size: 5/16"
Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag
Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
Side Detail: N/A
Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
Neck Material: Select Hardwood (mahogany I think)
Neck Shape: Modified V
Neck Taper: Standard Taper
Nut Material: Bone
Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Scale Length: 25.4"
Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
Number of Frets Total: 20
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
Side Dots: White
Back and Side Finish: Gloss
Finish Top: Gloss
Top Color: Aging Toner
Finish Neck: Satin (quite glossy now through use)
Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
Bridge Material: Ebony
Bridge Style: Belly - Drop in Long Saddle
Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
Saddle: Bone
Saddle Radius: 16"
Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
Knob: Butterbean
Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
Case: Ply Hardshell