Ebay at its best!

What's Hot
KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Just when I thought that I've seen everything on ebay... Seller with 502 positive feedback ratings blocked me from bidding on a guitar he's selling because I asked what's the neck profile. Said it's unnecessary to know.... What a f@cking tool of the year!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he need a P in front of his name?
12reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What's his user name?

He's going on my blocked list.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited October 2016

Although I too would find this annoying at first I would soon be happy that none of my money was going to an arsehat like this .

Breathe out and move on

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    How exactly did you ask the question to get a reaction like that?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    "I'm not selling it to you - you clearly know too much and will immediately spot the fact that it's a piece of crap"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4796
    Guy's an asshole - sorry, no - that's unfair to assholes - at least they're useful!  :3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    If i were an ebay user and i got 50+ messages from loads of different ebay users asking about the sonic benefits of black felt washers behind the strap buttons vs white ones, which degree angle the slug screws should be parked in across the pickups to get the best tone and how many microns thick the nitro is on the back of the neck at fret 7, i might start to get the point.
    His funniest replies could be posted here?

Just a thought.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Go on...lets have a username!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    Go on...lets have a username!
    Yes, lets. ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7429
    I can see where he's coming from unfortunately, but at the same time if you're that paranoid then don't use ebay in the first place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
    edited October 2016
    Maynehead said:
    How exactly did you ask the question to get a reaction like that?
    I was very polite at first. He had no clue how to measure the neck depth at the first fret, when I asked him to do it for me he came back with a 11cm (!) result. So I've sent him a neck comparison chart and he still wasn't able to tell me the profile. Eventually I did the job myself, did a bit of research and the neck turned out to be 60s slim tapered - what I wanted.
    All that only to find out that he's blocked me, which made me lose my nerve. I gave him the missing info, called him a retard and moved on to next auction.

Anyway, have fun lads:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142150792654

Btw, his item description says: "any questions, please ask" :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    This however is a cracker.  It used to be mine and is the only Les Paul I've ever regretted selling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3700
    Looks a nice guitar in an unusual colour.

The chap selling it (like most other people) probably has no idea about neck sizing and clearly thinks the OP is a pernickity weirdo for asking, hence the blocking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's his prerogative. 
    A lot of tyre kickers usually start with neck width/depth followed by weight. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited October 2016
    To be fair, I wouldnt have been arsed to get into a discussion about it either - its his guitar and his perogative, the people who are now suddenly going to try and deliberatly bully/annoy the guy with stupid questions are the dicks here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016
    Well... I can't imagine blocking anyone (maybe apart from a zero feedbacker which I'm not) only becuase I'm not able to provide the most basic info on the guitar I'm selling. We're talking about the neck here, if there's anything more important than that I'd love to know what it is.
    He's had a full info on the guitar since yesterday yet he didn't care to update the description so he wouldn't have to answer those questions again.
    Proves his selling standards are low and he cares more about his feedback and returns hassle than a happy customer and successful transaction. 

As @DefaultM has said if he's that paranoid he should simply avoid selling on ebay.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    You know if you Google "Les Paul Studio from 2010" the information you were after is in the second result.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    Google search doesn't give a definite spec as this turned out to be a Deluxe version with few fretboard wood variations and different pickups, which wasn't stated in the description either but like I said I eventually did my own research and found the info I needed. Sadly now useless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    It's his prerogative. 
    A lot of tyre kickers usually start with neck width/depth followed by weight. 
    It's true .....
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    So do a lot of people spending that kind of money on a guitar they can't see.

How difficult is it to lay the guitar down on it's back, put a book under the neck at fret 1 and measure up to the edge of the fretboard ?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It's his guitar.
    He can do what he likes with it.
    How often do we get a bad feeling about particular sellers?
    Maybe he had the same feeling about you as a buyer.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom