Had a wee bit of spare time yesterday, so I took some photos...

What's Hot

Comments

• slackerslacker Frets: 2280
    There's more I couldn't access - the second Stepp DG-1, the SynthAxe, etc...plus a load of other stuff.

@slacker - Re. Bond Electraglide - yes, I have 2.
    Cool. You should start a Big Audio Dynamite tribute band :)  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040

It's a Roland G-202  - Early 24-Pin GR-series (GR-100, GR-300 and GR700) controller.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    You've accidentally put the Sonex 180 in the 'stay' pile - I think you need to correct that mistake - as we all know they are heavy, poorly playing firewood.

(and I really want it..) ;)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4796
    Why do you have so many, where do you keep them all, .....and how did you become so darned rich!  D rockin
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Stay pile is well cool

• It's a Roland G-202  - Early 24-Pin GR-series (GR-100, GR-300 and GR700) controller.
    Ah lovely, they are not cheap. Perfect. 

Lovely collection though, a really nice range of stuff. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4693
    ooohh the firebird on the Go pile is very nice :-) 
  • my dad was getting as bad a you last year. lol.
    we got to about 60. 
    the problem we had was that we weren't enjoying the good stuff because we had so much to get through.
    last year i managed to get him to start selling the lower end stuff off. 
    so now we are down to around 30 mostly high end or vintage.
    at the end of the day it's down to what you like but for us now it's more quality over quantity.

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    How many fireplaces do you have with all that firewood? Lots of logs as well.
    Joking aside, that's a nice  collection.
  • Every time I look I find a new guitar I desperately want. The Shergold in the go pile is calling to me.

Some brilliant guitars there, I'd love to see the rest of the collection.
  • There's a good number I'd happily take home with me there.. You'd have the most epic classifieds post ever if you thinned it does by 40 or so...
    Classified post? He'd need an entire section all to himself!

Seriously, Harry, that is an astonishing collection.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3700
    Incredible!

Enjoyed looking through that lot Harry.

I have a sneaking admiration for anyone who is a serious collector.
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    what are those strat copies with the 5 way switch at the lower horn? There's a few of them and I don't recognise the brand? (please say they're cheap, I don't think I can afford another addiction...)

The ones with the three-way switch and humbuckers are Roland G-202s. There is one with a five-way switch and single coils. That's a G-505. They can be had for very little at times. I bought one recently in nearly new condition, which is pretty amazing since it's over thirty years old, for £370 delivered, and it came with a 24-pin cable and a GR-700 in excellent shape. The GR-700 needs a new chip, but that's a minor issue. It was one of those finds that I thought only Harry managed to stumble upon. To my mind, I either got the guitar and the cable or the GR-700 for free when I bought the bundle.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016
    Some very fine guitars there Harry - the Jedson LP with Bigsby caught my eye (bolt on neck?) - I've never seen one like that before (typically these were just hardtail copies in black, and there was a 'super' one in natural with open pups as I recall).  I also liked your Black/Gold fittings Epi Semi - I initially thought it was a Sheraton but it has a vari-switch ala 345/355 - which model Epi is it? 

Also, I noticed a Strat with no neck pick-up, & wondered re the story behind that?

Cheers

Rich 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited October 2016
    The Jedson LP belonged to Geoff Nichols (Quartz, Black Sabbath, etc) - I believe he had it modified by John Birch back in the '70's).

The Epiphone Semi is a Lucille. Can't remember the year off the top of my head.

The Blue Strat has been modified beyond recognition by a previous owner - Fishman Powerbridge, single HB, Roland synth pickup, LED neck, Sperzels, etc.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

edited October 2016
    The Jedson LP belonged to Geoff Nichols (Quartz, Black Sabbath, etc) - I believe he had it modified by John Birch back in the '70's).

The Epiphone Semi is a Lucille. Can't remember the year off the top of my head.

The Blue Strat has been modified beyond recognition by a previous owner - Fishman Powerbridge, single HB, Roland synth pickup, LED neck, Sperzels, etc.
    Interesting stuff Harry - but it wasn't the Blue Strat I was referring to - it was this one:

http://urbanparanoia1.wixsite.com/harryseven/fullscreen-page/comp-irkm5hav/7bf24bbc-0471-4852-bf1f-bb97e49b7733/4/?i=4&p=q17v5&s=style-iup93orz

Ah, that's my old USA Standard Strat - 1984, IIRC.

Note the original budget appointments (of this particular model) - no recessed/body-mounted jack socket, only two controls, etc. It has no rear trem cavity - the new 'Freeflyte' vibrato was front-mounted (and was quite pants, as I recall).

After a bit of fettling, this was my go-to guitar for many years - Kahler, roller nut, SD bridge HB, etc. 

It has no neck pickup because I never used it - I went through a phase of removing them from all my Strats (don't ask!) :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    Mr Seven,

A Shergold in the 'to go' pile... and you haven't contacted me first? And I thought we were mates. ;-)

Seriously, the Google image links don't work on my mac - probably an indication of the state of my mac more than anything but if you are seriously thinking about parting with a Shergold... drop me a PM, mate.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Hang on. How are we differentiating between stay and go piles?