Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Selling guitars with sentimental attachments

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    I sold my Yamaha SG not too long ago.
    I had at least two aborted attempts on here but didn't go through with it for the longest time.
    Folk here convinced me I would long regret it.
    I've told the sentimental story before so won't here.
    I have actually sold all my electric guitars and gear now ... lost mojo when the band derailed.
    I don't regret it.
    I bought a good (not top line but good) acoustic and am happy.
    I may return to electric and if I do I'll come back with a blank canvas and a fresh start ... which ain't no bad position to be in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They're only objects, it's people that matter. I sold my first electric, doesn't bother me at all. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Sell it! It's good for the Soul...it's just stuff, possessions, It's served a purpose and you will never forget it and the memory of saving for it etc.
    Use the money to do something you wouldn't normally do or treat a loved one with it..If you can sell this one, you will never get sentimental about another..I haven't kept my first car or TV or Sofa..
    Sure you'll have times of regret it and wished You hadn't sold it...but it's a very freeing feeling  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    Sell it to a friend if at all possible . 
    Tomorrow I buy back a tatty Korean Westone I sold to a friend some years ago when I needed money in a hurry,  I've regretted selling it every day since but knew there was half a chance I could get it back . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Just sell it, one day you will be dead and your not coming back from that. Just use any funds you raise from the sale of it wisely and don't waste the opportunity it creates whether it be financial or just some life de-cluttering..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom