Movement of the top e along tele saddle... solution ?

What's Hot
stuagustuagu Frets: 334
Hi chaps, thanx in advance for any help... the top string on my 52 re issue tele moves acros the barrel when i bend it... and it doesnt return, it just stays there there close to the second string.
is there an easy fix? Or is it a case of fitting some type of grooved saddles to hold it in place?
Dont really fancy changing saddles on it but if needs must.
Thanx again. Gu 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    Check the alignment at the other end.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Yep. Nut end is fine... dont know if im explainging problem that well to be honest. So i bend the string, the string moves along the barrel then its to close to the b string . If im just thumping chords, it doesnt move as im not bending the string , so the string has no force to move it. Once its moved it feels awkward as its slightly in the wrong place . 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3103
    Is the saddle exactly parralel to the face of the bridge plate, I could imagine an issue if the saddle was lower towards the b string giving a slope for the string to slide down.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2992
    tFB Trader
    You could try polishing the barrel, maybe add a very small dab of Vaseline, white grease, graphite grease etc, before swapping them.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Paul.... thnx .. wil chek and didnt think of that.
    thnx for rplying mr billkat... i dont want to move in the first place rather than helping it return. Its my explanation that is lacking.
    gassage. Thnx.  My next port of call if nothing else.. cantbsee em moving out of that grove! :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73067
    Just get a small triangular needle file and put a tiny groove in the saddle where the string is. No need for anything more drastic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    If your a really heavy player you could fit grooved saddles or lightly polish any burrs on the brass saddle 
  • ICBM said:
    Just get a small triangular needle file and put a tiny groove in the saddle where the string is. No need for anything more drastic.
    Agreed.

I've got a file for the job Stu, just shout if you need it.....
    Ta everybody ... paul thnx. Wildo. 
    I dont know if im a heavy player.. im certainly heavy handed ! ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I've played a few Teles that had sort of screw thread bolt type saddles. The strings stayed put on those.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73067
    Sassafras said:
    I've played a few Teles that had sort of screw thread bolt type saddles. The strings stayed put on those.
    Those are the late-50s/early-60s-style steel threaded saddles. They do work very well, although sometimes it's difficult to get the spacing dead right because one thread is slightly too far one way and the next is just too far the other. They're my favourite saddles though, I think they sound the best and most importantly look the best :).

Next best are the plain steel saddles which followed them and went up to the end of the original Tele run in the early 80s, which have only two grooves of the correct spacing. These sound the same but don't look as good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    stuagu said:
    Ta everybody ... paul thnx. Wildo. 
    I dont know if im a heavy player.. im certainly heavy handed ! ;) 
    Hands of stone :)