NGD and the family portrait

grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
Got the S2 in the middle there this week after trying a few out and being impressed with what I saw and heard.  Now I've had chance to play one through my own amp I just had to go for one. 

It sounds very mich like a good SG yet it balances perfect and plays wonderfully, honeymoon period and all that but it just may be the perfect guitar for me. 
I didn't get on with the rest of the S2 range (although still need to try a vela) but this one felt right. 

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/grungebob/0E6CF81C-70B1-49DB-B792-979FDB35CABF_zpsrdobpizq.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4796
    edited October 2016
    Nice PRS trio, and congrats on the new family member  .  I've been reading on the PRS site the differences as between the S2 variants and the core models. 

I have a Cu24 and it's lonely, so I was toying with getting a Cu22 or possibly an S2 Cu22 - I'm assuming yours (v nice btw!) has the Dragon 2 p/ups.  I was wondering what you thought of them - some reviews suggest these are a little weak compared to Cu24 p/ups (my Cu24 is a 2002 with HFS treble  bridge and vintage bass neck).  The Cu22 S2 has different p/ups so I'll need to compare those side by side.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Nice photo mate !
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    Thanks guys. 

My mccarty is fitted with McCarty pickups so no surprises there but the custom 22 had 57/08's from new and now has bare knuckle mule and nailbomb, the S2 has S2 equivalent of the HFS & VB sets which are my favourite PRS pickups.  The Custom doesn't see as much play as the McCarty and is for sale in another thread, but I can see the S2 getting a lot of use. Like I said above I'm not a fan of the normal S2's and would recommend a CE over the S2 customs