(Free) ngd

What's Hot
nick79nick79 Frets: 264
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Got given this last week by a mate that took it apart and then left it in its case for a few years. Spent an hour putting it back together today and a quick set up and i'm pretty chuffed with it. I know these didn't cost much back in the day but i've heard good things about them and this one is pretty good. Ideal back up guitar in case my main one busts a string or something. 
Haven't had chance to put it through my gigging amp yet (and i'm not expecting great things from the stock pickups) but i reckon it might be worth putting some decent ones in, maybe... 

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q399/beatnck2/Mobile Uploads/20161026_140310_zpsvx3pnvso.jpg
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3072
    I have one of those kicking around in my office next to my desk - not bad guitars.

I replaced the single coils with Fender pickups (I forget what - something American) and the humbucker with a Gibson Burstbucker that I modified (replaced the magnet with an Alnico 3). It sounds pretty good - well-balanced.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Free NGD... @HarrySeven is that you? @TTony takes a dim view of people with multiple profiles.  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4796
    Those Pacifica's were pretty good value and fair guitars - not my cup of tea, but they are quite well regarded. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I used to have the exact same one, stock pickups where rubbish and ungiggable, but built quality and playability was top notch!