SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Pair of oddball humbucker sized pickups (e.g. Filtertrons, Foils etc.) in chrome

DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
edited December 2016 in Parts £
Edit:  This was originally a WTB Filtertrons, but any 'different' pickups will be interesting to me.

TV Jones, Mojo, Oil City, Creamery etc.all considered.  Must be humbucker mount or have the appropriate pickup ring to convert.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    How about a TV Jones Classic neck?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
    DiscoStu said:
    How about a TV Jones Classic neck?
    Should have been clearer really, but ideally I'm after a pair.  TV Jones new prices are bonkers with the shit £, so havnig to buy even one new one will mean I'll probably just order a new pair from Mojo Pickups or somewhere.

That said, how much and any pics?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    Hang on, I think mine is the NE mount...
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Mojo would be my choice. 

You could buy a lightly used set of Blacktop Filtertrons (they're really great) for well under £100. If you can get them in their mount, they should drop into a humbucker route. 

Filtertrons are extremely sensitive to adjustment, they like to be right up under the strings for best result.  When set properly, they have a fantastic bite. They're my favourite humbuckers, by a huge margin. 

M :)
    TheMarlin said:
    Mojo would be my choice. 

You could buy a lightly used set of Blacktop Filtertrons (they're really great) for well under £100. If you can get them in their mount, they should drop into a humbucker route. 

Filtertrons are extremely sensitive to adjustment, they like to be right up under the strings for best result.  When set properly, they have a fantastic bite. They're my favourite humbuckers, by a huge margin. 

Agreed.  I've got TV Jones and Mojo 'trons in other guitars.  I've not tried Creamery or Oil CIty's takes, but if I was buying new Mojo would be my choice also as TV Jones are bonkers expensive now.

I've just picked up a cheap Ibanez AFS75T (thinline hollowbody with 'Bigsby') and the stock pickups are shit.  I reckon it'll sound superb with some 'trons.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    In my humble opinion, if you play clean, you can't beat TV Jones, they have chime and sparkle. But, if you play on the edge of breakup, it with dirt, then the Blacktop Filtertrons really kick ass.  For overdriven tones, they are by far my favourite of all Filtertrons.

They rock! And... can be picked up used at a decent price.  You'll need the mounts for HB route installation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231980607357 ;

Anyone?
    Bump.  Tweaked what I'm after in the original post.
    Happy new year bump