Tele Bigsby Bridge

I have a pretty old Bigsby on my Tele. The bridge on it isn't the best and doesn't really stay in place that well and is difficult to adjust with it being so old and slightly rusted.

I'm looking at getting a different bridge, would a jazzmaster one drop straight in as a replacement or is there a specific one I am looking for?

It looks like the bridge in this link:
http://www.kokoteleguitarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/72-Tele-bridge-Bigsby.jpg

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 984
    I have a bigsby on my tele and it has a Mastery Bridge...they work perfectly and are very stable .... I can't send a link via my phone but a quick google search will find them :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • @Gallagherone I've got a Mastery for sale if interested but any jag/JM should be fine depending on fretboard radius
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    The bridge you have there is a Jazzmaster/Jaguar bridge. Not Leo's finest design, IMHO...

You could drop a Mustang bridge in there, or a Staytrem (better) or as mentioned above, a Mastery (best on a Jag/Jazzmaster IMHO).
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• MattPMattP Frets: 252
    Could anyone suggest a source for the actual bridge plate? I have a B5 i'm considering installing on my tele and need the entire bridge and plate assembly
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    edited October 2016
    MattP said:
    Could anyone suggest a source for the actual bridge plate? I have a B5 i'm considering installing on my tele and need the entire bridge and plate assembly
    I have a spare plate.

Yours for £12 delivered. It's a pukka chrome metal one, not the plastic sold by some!!

PM me if you want it.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.