Artists names - The Quandry

What's Hot
I've made an album. I want to release it. I have no idea what artist name to use.

What do you feel about the difference between coming up with a name for your act, or just going with your actual name? Do you think it changes how people view the music?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited October 2016
    depends on your name...
    if it's Xavier Smythe- Poshperson   , then I should imagine you'd have more of an issue than if it's joe ordinaryguy

though if Englebert Humperdink can make it big who knows lol

The Quandry sounds like a good name to me
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    edited October 2016
    Cirrus said:

What do you feel about the difference between coming up with a name for your act, or just going with your actual name?
    Congrats on completing the album.

Hmmmm, definitely depends on your name.  Think of actors... if their name is naff they change it to something better.  Musicians have done the same.  So, if your name is already rock n roll you can use it.  And if it's not, change it.  And/ or come up with a name for the project too. 

PS  2p's:  "The Quandary" -- not too keen but that's just me.
    PPS Not sure that the "Quandry" spelling is any better.
  • I think the stuff you shared a while back would better suit a "band name" than a persons name.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I think the stuff you shared a while back would better suit a "band name" than a persons name.
    This is a useful opinion to me. Do you think you could explain why? No worries if it's just a gut feeling thing. :)
    Grunfeld said:
    Congrats on completing the album.

Thanks.

I've got facebook friends on here so I'm not too worried about sharing my name. "Josh Watson" doesn't exactly sound like the kinda guy who stomps around the world in a personalised 747, does he? =) Why couldn't my parents have given me a cool name like a razor?

MAX BLADE
    TRIPLE STEEL
    SMOOTH CUT
  • Cirrus said:
    I think the stuff you shared a while back would better suit a "band name" than a persons name.
    This is a useful opinion to me. Do you think you could explain why? No worries if it's just a gut feeling thing. :)
    I think it's the genre. A persons name makes me think more acoustic strums singer song writer kinda stuff
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5565
    Why not just call yourself WATSON? 
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited October 2016
    is someone using Cirrus?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5565
    The Cirrus/Watson Quandary.
    There, done.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    If you were a girl your parents could have called you Ellen Mentry Maidire Watson
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    kin said:
    is someone using Cirrus?
    Yeah, a couple of electronic artists - one in Europe, one in America. It's also the name of a light aircraft company. In this world of facebook and general internetitis, I think it's nice when even a ropey and lazy search for your artist name only turns up results that are unequivically yours.
    axisus said:
    If you were a girl your parents could have called you Ellen Mentry Maidire Watson
    Oh my god. =)