Greatest tone ever

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'm not a 'metal' guy, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like a metalzone. Just the one, mind...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Two together did sound marginally better than one.

At the very least, it was interesting. One just sounded shit.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ^ 4 star rating?? Really?
    should be a 5.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ^ 4 star rating?? Really?
    should be a 5.
    One of them was a 4.5 average.. Presumably cos someone gave it a 1 and started the comment with "I bought 7 of these and..."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    If you're looking for something like a Metal Zone, then get a Hardwire TL-2 instead. Does a similar job much better, and is far easier to get a good sound out of. You can pick them up for the same or even less money.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3073
    Bucket said:
    If you're looking for something like a Metal Zone, then get a Hardwire TL-2 instead. Re-evaluate your life choices. 
    Fixed that for you.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73087
    Probably because if you buy one you know what you're likely to be getting - the clue is in the name, really - and it does indeed do that very well.

You probably wouldn't buy one if what you really want is a MiddleAgedWhiteBlues Zone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Probably because if you buy one you know what you're likely to be getting - the clue is in the name, really - and it does indeed do that very well.

You probably wouldn't buy one if what you really want is a MiddleAgedWhiteBlues Zone.
    aka a boutique Tubescreamer clone.  
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

Bucket said:
    If you're looking for something like a Metal Zone, then get a Hardwire TL-2 instead. Does a similar job much better, and is far easier to get a good sound out of. You can pick them up for the same or even less money.

I have one.....used to have a mt2 never liked it....it had that cocked wah thing that i couldnt quite dial out. ..a few boss gt's had that criticism levelledaagainst them. .....the hardwire definitely better and even the older metal master too.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Premier Guitar: 9/10
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2399
    Bucket said:
    Yeah the tl2 is pretty nice, and before they were discontinued you could get a new one for under £50. Admittedly, it's so long since I've tried an mt-2 that I couldn't honestly tell you if the tl-2 is better or not, but i do like it.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29187
    ICBM said:

And yet it'll do decent blooze tones. Well, if you can ignore that blues is by definition pretty crap. ;)

There are better "metal" pedals out there - the Zoom TriMetal, fer instance, but the Metalzone is mostly decried by people who simply lack the patience and/or talent to get good sounds from it. Or are going for a cheap laugh (which I applaud).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:

And yet it'll do decent blooze tones. Well, if you can ignore that blues is by definition pretty crap. ;)

There are better "metal" pedals out there - the Zoom TriMetal, fer instance, but the Metalzone is mostly decried by people who simply lack the patience and/or talent to get good sounds from it. Or are going for a cheap laugh (which I applaud).
    Going for a cheap laugh is usually how my playing is described ;)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    What is the metal zone and how do I get in the zone ? 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    capo4th said:
    What is the metal zone and how do I get in the zone ? 
    Wait for the Waza Craft re-issue
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Capo4th...just go to your local music emporium and slap the money down and ask for a boss mt2. Then you'll be in the zone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Thanks chaps