Fender Classic Player Stratocaster

menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774

What are the necks like on these, fuller than the Mexican Standards?  Also need to know if the profile has changed over the years. Might buy one to nab the neck off then re sell in bits or with the Standard neck I have.  But it needs to be less skinny, more comfy 60's C than modern shoulderless standard C.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27801
    I did exactly the same thing - parted a CP60's to get the neck for my own strat. It's a lovely slim C. But not skinny - fairly similar to Gibson's slim taper 60's if that helps?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774
    I did exactly the same thing - parted a CP60's to get the neck for my own strat. It's a lovely slim C. But not skinny - fairly similar to Gibson's slim taper 60's if that helps?
    Yeah it does. What neck did it replace out of interest?  I think with the mexican standard neck i've focused too much on the fact it's quite shallow and not so much the overall profile. Slim is probably okay as long as the profile is nice.  
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27801
    Yeah it does. What neck did it replace out of interest?  I think with the mexican standard neck i've focused too much on the fact it's quite shallow and not so much the overall profile. Slim is probably okay as long as the profile is nice.  
    That guitar had so many necks I couldn't be certain, but I think it was a Squier CV 50s on there before the CP. If anything it's towards a D shape (as C necks go). It's hard to describe but very comfy in combination with the big frets and flat radius.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires