NGD It's an offset, but...

What's Hot
I was humming and hawing over CS Jazzmasters, and came to the conclusion I should try some Mojo pickups in the Roadworn 60s JM I already have, and for the moment having something other than another JM seemed like a good way to go, so I went back to try this beauty again...

https://imgur.com/gallery/uCwJW

I love it, the look, the neck, the variety of beautiful tones. It is now mine. MINE!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Nice choice - was that the one in Regent Sounds?
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moss said:
    Yes, got it for a smidgeon over £1.5k.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do like a blacked out jag. What model is it?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Moss said:
    Yes, got it for a smidgeon over £1.5k.
    Played it on Monday while trying a Hudson Broadcast

'twas lovely
    Stop crying, start buying
  • I do like a blacked out jag. What model is it?
    The Johnny Marr Jag.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • should have twigged by the case lining

how are you liking it so far?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    The Jag in Black. Never mind Johnny Marr , if Johnny Cash was still here I am sure he would be using this :)

• KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    Congrats. I used my Marr Jag as my only guitar last night (very unlike me) for a 3 hour gig with my cover band and I could dial in every tone I wanted from it. I don't know many other guitars that could do that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I had an old mij Jaguar ages ago, it had some nice seymours in too. It played and sounded ace even with the mustang bridge which is not perfect spacing.

The JM Jag seems to be on another level all together. The fit, the finish , the pickups plus overall quality which it oozes. 

Just really getting to grips with the pickups and options but can't get bad tone at all :)

enjoy. 

Edit - I did have to buy the staytrem bridge to make this perfect. 

• blueskunk said:
    I had an old mij Jaguar ages ago, it had some nice seymours in too. It played and sounded ace even with the mustang bridge which is not perfect spacing.

The JM Jag seems to be on another level all together. The fit, the finish , the pickups plus overall quality which it oozes. 

Just really getting to grips with the pickups and options but can't get bad tone at all :)

enjoy. 

Edit - I did have to buy the staytrem bridge to make this perfect. 

Edit - Edit, its not a proper Jag :-P
    I know I know, the riddim circuit :)

Its that good , it doesn't need it. Then darker tones are easily achieved as I bet you know ;)
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2276
    edited October 2016
    should have twigged by the case lining

how are you liking it so far?
    Absolutely love this thing. It's set up beautifully, huge variety of tones, and 4th switch position is just great, really fat full humbuckery tone. It's still got the jangle but for a Jag it can get dark as well, which is what I was looking for.

Looks f***ing cool as well
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2276
    edited November 2016

UPDATE: this thing is still really f***ing cool.

Whoever said Jaguars and Jazzmasters sounds great with effects was absolutely bang on. Offsets sing with effects, and the JM Jag is no exception. Throw in a bit of compression and delay into the DRRI with amp's reverb and the tones & textures you get are just stunning, and with the Space? Mouthwatering.

Obviously, I had to get some surf and film noirish/Portishead tones on the go, so had it on the bridge pickup, comp and Cleanness on, tiny bit of slapback delay, turned the DRRI's reverb to 6...

absolutely f*ckawesome.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed. Just at home on lunch, gonna have a blast on mine  before I go back :)