NGD - Egmond Bass

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Picked this up at the Crewe guitar show - it'll make a good companion for my Egmond 6-string (which is in far, far better condition!)

I blieve it's a Thunder 2.

NB. As you peruse the images below, please take time to appreciate the loving care with which the previous owner has carefully refinished the body. It seems he chose to make a replica of the moon's surface - and you must admit, he did pretty well!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73087
    I like the industrial cable clamp used as a string retainer too. Quite retro/punk. Goes with the Jesus & Mary Chain vibe of purposely removing unused strings...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    That is one horrible looking bass.
    It's only redeeming feature is the pickups.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Now I see what you mean by project....

Presumably you are going to swap out the body + neck? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Wow with all your other . . Ahem . . . Treasured guitars and basses , why the heck did you even bother to buy that piece of firewood? 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Cause I dont think he's got a 3 string...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    Wow with all your other . . Ahem . . . Treasured guitars and basses , why the heck did you even bother to buy that piece of firewood? 

Ah, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)

Seriously, I picked it up very cheaply (traded) with the intention of refinishing it. The body is indeed vile, but I think it will evengually turn out OK.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73087
    HarrySeven said:

Seriously, I picked it up very cheaply (traded) with the intention of refinishing it. The body is indeed vile, but I think it will evengually turn out OK.
    It should. It doesn't look too bad apart from the "finish", the bridge mounting and the string retainer - all of which are fixable.

I think I have the correct type of switch to re-replace the toggle switch, if you're interested.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    I'd love to get stuck into that refinish! 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    ICBM said:
    HarrySeven said:

I think I have the correct type of switch to re-replace the toggle switch, if you're interested.

I am indeed! :)

• NeilNeil Frets: 3702
    Horrible body as already said but I think a fairly important bass from the early days of rock in this country.

I think Macca's first guitar was an Egmond Lucky 7.

Look forward to seeing the refinish.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7128
    tFB Trader
    McCartney's Lucky 7 was converted to a bass.

The guitarist in my first (school) band had one and still does.