NGD

ricorico Frets: 1220
edited October 2016 in Guitar
My first strat since I started playing about 14 years ago. Shes a 1996 American Standard and plays like butter. Really like nothing else I've had before. Small dings all over the body and fretboard is wearing nicely. I have a sneak suspicion it needs a fret dress relatively soon (luthier recommendations please!) but plays so much better than the Gibsons I was devoted to previously. 

A couple of questions:

What frets would it have had originally?
What neck profile does it have? 
What pickups does it have?

I am a total strat noob at the moment!

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31154
    Should be Alnico 5 with the Delta Tone System in it (originally)

No-load pot and hotter bridge pickup, TBX on bottom pup.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6888
    Looks sweet dude.

As for luthier recommendations, I've only had a small few electrical jobs done by Leon who owns Grizzly Guitars, based in Hackney but he gets great reviews for all manner of work. 

Also Feline in Croyden get crazy good reviews from a lot of people on here from what I've seen! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Dude... You need a new strap!

(Nice strat btw ;-) )
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Thanks guys, Feline are on my radar. 

Whipped the scratchplate off and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary...?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11769
    tFB Trader
    Hey Rico - we're down here in Croydon but easy to get to and always happy to help.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!