OMG - I think I'm in love..

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4805
edited November 2016 in Guitar
We all have our dream guitars - and this one is mine!! A 1964 all original Fender Strat in lake placid blue which is my absolute favourite vintage strat colour. .  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited November 2016
    Detlef at Guitar Point DE is a great chap to deal with, though I suspect they are a bigger concern than the days I use to deal with him.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4805
    Darn it, its sold and only around £21,500 ...would have been right in my price range if he'd just have moved that liddle iddy biddy decimal point one place to the left.  Ah well, maybe next time.  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whatever that was at the factory, everyone knows that sherwood green strats are the best strats.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Nice guitar.
    Shit demo.
    That's one of the worst demos I've ever heard for a vintage guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Nice guitar.
    Shit demo.
    That's one of the worst demos I've ever heard for a vintage guitar.
    Really?

I think most on-line vintage guitar demos tend to be unremarkable. Usually with a Strat the person demoing dials in a scratchy, slightly breaking-up tone and hits the guitar very hard. The result is a kind of sub-SRV generic Strat sound.

I agree it was a poor demo (though it may be that the guitar isn't great sounding) but I don't think it's particularly any worse than any others.

One thing's for sure - if you're a 'vintage sceptic' - that's unlikely to change your mind....
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4805
    I've just always wanted a pre CBS strat in lake placid blue!  When I was 16 a friend had a '63 in lpb and the yearning never left me.  Maybe when I win the lottery!  :'(