SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Rickenbacker 380L Laguna - Including Fretboard donation!

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
edited January 2017 in Guitars £
Picked this up in a trade on here earlier in the year from @andrewaward ;;;;;

It's lovely - but over time I've realised I'm just not playing it. I can tell it needs to go when it gets moved off one of the wall hangers and into its case in the cupboard... 

It is rare. There's very very few of them over here. In fact, there's not many of them anywhere. Not made by Ric anymore either. Its unusual for a Ric too - 2x humbuckers, which do sound like a Rickenbacker, but more mid-range and deeper/darker compared to hi gains or toasters. It does, of course, have the bridge piezo which you can blend with the HBs and does a reasonable impression of an acoustic tone. 

Neck is chunky, and wide. Much wider than standard Rics. It's also not lacquered and pretty flat. 

It's a 1998, so not pristine. Few little marks here and there - main cosmetics are the rubbed/faded gold hardware. Comes with original Ric hard case.

These things are pricey to buy - list price in the VGPG puts it at about £2k. I'd rather trade for something I'll play to be honest. If you're interested then let me know what you might be able to tempt me with. Of particular interest would be decent amps, Gibson semis and SGs, Teles and in particular 70's examples of the aforementioned. However, try me, you never know what I might want..

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Wow!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3962
    Oh my good God.
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    that is simply gorgeous!
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • Full model name is 380 LPZ , discontinued a long time ago..............this really is a great Ric.............feather weight and sounds massive............whoever gets this will love it
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2206
    That's the only Ric I've seen that I actually want (other than the one that lights up).

Incredible looking guitar.  
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    andy1839 said:
    That's the only Ric I've seen that I actually want (other than the one that lights up).

Incredible looking guitar.  
    Those light shows are WELL expensive!!
    I've had a really decent offer of a 70s Tele for this, which I'm considering - but it's a maple board, and I'd prefer a rosewood board.

Anyone else tempted in swap for a 70s SG/other Gibson, 70s RW board tele or something similar?

edited November 2016
    Bump - still available for trades. What ya got?

Would also consider trades at lower value with cash my way, or higher value and cash from me (depending on what it is ;) )
    Still available - will consider most things, equivalent value or cash either way. 
    Got a few offers on the table, but most are far away - still looking for trades. Would consider outright sale as well if you wanted to make an offer.
  • Got a few offers on the table, but most are far away

Are you sure of that?

In the words of Father Ted... these offers are small... these offers are far away. ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Got a few offers on the table, but most are far away

Are you sure of that?

In the words of Father Ted... these offers are small... these offers are far away. ;-)

Having read that, I must clarify that the offers I have are not local to me... and none of them are cows.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Got a few offers on the table, but most are far away

Are you sure of that?

Having read that, I must clarify that the offers I have are not local to me... and none of them are cows.

Ahhh... go on now... will you have a cup of tea father?
    Still available - come and give it a no-obligation try if you fancy.. 
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    I have an SG and I have a Marshall 1974x and matching ext cab if it's of any interest to you
    Gadgie said:
    I have an SG and I have a Marshall 1974x and matching ext cab if it's of any interest to you
    What's your SG like?
    Bump - still available - whatya got?
    Will happily trade for lower value with a bit of cash - or higher price with cash from me..

In particular, older SGs (if you've got a 74 SG I'd do a straight swap) or rosewood board teles, anything interesting from the 70s, or an early 80s JV tele too.. But I will happily consider anything..

Similarly I would do a straight sale circa £1800 which is broadly what it owes me... 
    Still around...!
    Bump - Cash offers, trades of any type - all considered. Happy for you to pop over and try it no commitment if you like too..