Bridge pickup in neck position?

What's Hot
I have a Fender Japan '62 Reissue Tele that I want to put a mini humbucker in the neck position of. I also have a Seymour Duncan mini humbucker (Les Paul Deluxe style), but it's a bridge position version.

Will it sound shit in the neck position, and be way too loud?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You might have some balancing issue in terms of volume but it shouldn't be that huge. 

Personally I would get a set wound of whatever pickups you are after and get them matched. 

You can probably sell the Seymour for £40 which will help you on the way
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73087
    The problem is likely to be that it will sound too muddy, as well as too loud - bridge pickups are usually wound hotter and more middy than neck ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    The problem is likely to be that it will sound too muddy, as well as too loud - bridge pickups are usually wound hotter and more middy than neck ones.
    @ICBM do you know if Gibson did anything different for their mid position HBs in guitars where they had 3 HBs? Always wondered what they did for them...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73087
    Bridgehouse said:

@ICBM do you know if Gibson did anything different for their mid position HBs in guitars where they had 3 HBs? Always wondered what they did for them…
    No, not normally. In the old days they never had calibrated pickups anyway, they were all the same. As far as I know the Historics are the same too. If there's any difference it will be that the bridge is slightly hotter and the neck and middle are the same - like Strat pickup sets.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Oil City Hardman?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

@ICBM do you know if Gibson did anything different for their mid position HBs in guitars where they had 3 HBs? Always wondered what they did for them…
    No, not normally. In the old days they never had calibrated pickups anyway, they were all the same. As far as I know the Historics are the same too. If there's any difference it will be that the bridge is slightly hotter and the neck and middle are the same - like Strat pickup sets.
    Thanks - always wondered about that. 
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 643
    As it happens I did this in Strat over the weekend. The Kinman traditional 3's  AVN56es sounded a bit too brittle, so I swapped the bridge AVN-62 into the neck and dropped a Woodstock AVN69b bridge I had lying around into the bridge position.

Sounds great now.